Camaro guy here, need some info on the cobra

380SS

Established Member
I value your opinions here. Need to put to rest some theories I have.

What is the weight of a Cobra? I've heard they are very heavy cars. Some have told me they run as heavy as 4200lbs. Is this true?

Also, the HP/TQ of the current SVT Cobra is 390/390 correct?

Are there plans to increase the HP and TQ with the 05?

Thanks for any replies I get.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Originally posted by 380SS
I value your opinions here. Need to put to rest some theories I have.

What is the weight of a Cobra? I've heard they are very heavy cars. Some have told me they run as heavy as 4200lbs. Is this true?

Also, the HP/TQ of the current SVT Cobra is 390/390 correct?

Are there plans to increase the HP and TQ with the 05?

Thanks for any replies I get.

I think on average they are 3800-3900 with driver.

Yes, they are rated at 390/390, but after the 1999 debacle, they are significantly underrated. I think they were more around the 420 range.

Yes, there are plans (which I've gathered through bits and pieces of info all around the internet) of a significant hp increase for the new chassis SVT Cobra.

kino

Established Member
380SS,

The weight of the 03 hardtop is 3665 lbs. Typically, a bone stock cobras dyno anywhere from 360 to 380 rwhp once broken in. Alot of them dyno 370ish.

Not too much is known about the next Cobra only that its rumored to come out as a 06 model and it will be supercharged with supposedly (hopefully) a 5.4.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
The weight and horsepower have been covered.

You mentioned an '05 Cobra. There are no plans for an '05 but rather an '06. (tho I suspect we will see the '06 much the same way we saw the '03... a mid year introduction) So perhaps Spring/Summer '05 the '06 will be out.

Everyone expects the Cobra will stay with the S/C... but there is a lot of talk of a naturally aspirated Shelby Mustang of some sort fitting into the mix. Not sure marketing wise how it will fit in there and what type of horsepower will be in it.

In any event it ought to be exciting with the Mustang GT, Mustang Boss? (what ever the Bullit, Mach 1 guys build), a Shelby Mustang, a Cobra Mustang, and a potential race ready Mustang GTR. (tho the GTR might not be street legal w/ no VIN etc).

Kracow

Established Member
3812 lbs with me in the car I'm about 185lbs. :beer:
Thats with 18 inch chrome wheels prolly a little less with the regular 17inch wheels.

Kracow 2003 RedFire
cobra_side3.JPG
:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread