Cam

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I would like to upgrade the cam in my '00. I would like to hear the in's and out's, what do you guys recommend? Is it necessary to upgrade the stock internals, I would prefer not to at this point if possible. I'm looking for a semi aggressive lobe at idle. Some Idea of cost too. Thanks to all.

Dusten

Established Member
Cam's are fairly labor intensive. Not to mention the cost of a set is 600+. If you just want more idle its a waste of money. On a stock motor the power can be made elsewhere for same money and less work.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I'm sure others may have a different opinion but I personally would go with a stage two cam setup and definitely upgrade the springs, retainers, spacers if you do. Many tuners will tell you that you won't get much more gains opting for stage three setup except maybe a bit more in the higher rpm range on stock heads. Not to mention, I think it's easier to tune from what I've heard.

Cams and labor aren't cheap so expect to spend at least $1,300 to $2,000 unless you decided to do it yourself.

If, I were you I would spend that money on a MP, pulley, and tune setup. You may be much more happy in the end...

Users who are viewing this thread