cam swap

showtm490

Established Member
I know a GT isn't an SVT but this guy is trying to tell me a cam swap will not help a 2V that much. I've seen a few 2V that sound bada** wilth different cams but never knew the power increase #'s per $'s spent. Anyone have a clue? Here's this guys post and mods.

What is a SLP SS and How can I beat him?
I saw a SLP SS ( if you know what the SLP means could you please explain to me? ) out and he started messing with me. We were on the highway and he was looking at me and nodded that he wanted a run. I dropped into 3rd and waited for him to nail it. I jumped out a nose and as I hit my power band 4-5500 RPM i nosed about 1\2 car link ahead. I nailed 4th and maintained that lead untill we caught up to traffic.
1999 Mustang GT
My Mods:
DSS Short Block with stock cams
FRPP Shorty Headers
Bassani x-pipe
Borla Exhaust
RAM kevlar Clutch
FRPP Aluminum flywheel
FRPP underdrive pulleys
FRPP aluminum Drive Shaft
FRPP 3:73 gears
MAC shifter
Jet Chip
C&L MAF
K&N
FRPP 70 MM TB

I don't make over 300 HP for sure. How in heck did this happen That guy should have walked me fast. I guess he just sucked at driving or had a LT1 with the SS treatment.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Yeah but I'm sure your torque is above 300rwtq. There are gains to be had in cams. I guy on www.midwestfords.org gained 20+ HP with the cams after the tune. Sounds awesome! Do some more research, the info is out there.

Users who are viewing this thread