cam swap issues in 95 302

Brian's SVT

Established Member
So I did a cam swap in a 95 Cobra with a 302 I swapped cam push rods lifters springs and rockers but kept the pedistool mount setup instead of doing studs for the rockers

the problem is that i got scorpion 1.6 rockers and the valve covers are hiting the rockers in the front and back on the rounded corners.

Anyone ever had this problem? what do you suggest?

Thanks,
Brian

1989Gt.

Banned
Get some new taller valve covers. Some ford racing ones. thats what i had on my 89 fox.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Im using foxbody valve covers (86-93) on mine. Had to grind down the inside of the covers to get the proper clearance. Im using stud mount crane gold RRs.

SVT Pille

Established Member
You're going to need an intake spacer and taller valve cover to make it work on an SN95. I had to run a 3/8" spacer for my track heat to work with the trick flow valve covers, and I run 1.6 TFS rockers.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Screw all that.. get Trick Flow or Summit Racing stock height valve covers, they'll fit perfectly, you just have to cut your own oil fill hole as they come without any. I ran a Cobra intake with no spacer on my Summit ones, and now I have a TFS R with no spacer. I have 7/16 stud 1/6 Harland Sharp rockers on AFR heads under them, with regular Fel Pro Permadry gaskets with zero clearance issues.

I'd have just stuck with the stock rockers myself.. what cam did you get?

Users who are viewing this thread