Cam selection

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
I'm in the process of a build. Stroked 2v 1000hp rated, stage 3 heads, comp bee hive springs. Installing upr k-member w/coil overs as the motor is being rebuilt at machine shop.

I have several questions, in my build. I've decided to sale my centri and go with a turbo. I'm going to get the on3performance kit.

My first concern is my blower cams and springs, I know the blower cams aren't ideal for a turbo and all, but will they work descent with my setup and spool correctly. Are the springs stuff enough to achieve the Rpm's I need to make enough boost to reach my goals. Here are the specs of the cam

Duration @ .050" Lift Centerlines LSA
233 / 238 550 / 540 110 / 120115

Secondly, I am shooting for 700's at the end of the day with this build on race gas. Which turbo should I go with, I'm getting mixed opinions when searching. Mainly people are saying that a 76 is too big, but I don't think it is considering my goals. Will a .96ar work well? If not what size. Basically guys, I don't know a lot about turbo setups but have been reading for the last few days and I need help with the setup.

Thanks
MikeH

Sent From a galaxy far far away

Fast?notyet

Established Member
i need more info but from what u said they will be absolutely fine for u i would degree them diferent but they will be fine what is the compression ratio what kind of intake what is the size of the exhaust wheel and are you refering to the turbonetics 76? what were you planning on degreeing the cams to. all these answers will allow more help

Fast?notyet

Established Member
also you should move up your hp goals lol I made 700 at 15psi no ur cams are bigger than mine so should do very well

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Compression ratio is 9.1-1. Stage 3 ported heads, notched pistons, ported typhoon intake, 75 mm tb,

Yes I'm talking about the upgraded 76 mm that comes with on3 kit.

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Im not sure about the degreeing of the cams, that's something I guess im looking for advise on. Cause I only know that to degree them where they need to be as mhs recommends. Do I need to retard them or what?

Users who are viewing this thread