Cam Questions

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Does anyone have a sound clip of their car with an aftermarket cam?

Anyone here run an F-303 cam??

Do you think the F cam would be too big?

Does anyone here know anything about the Holley Systemax Heads?

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I was also, intersted in installing an F303. I asked around and found out that you will have to change your roller rockers to 1.6. If you keep the stock ones, 1.7, you have piston to valve clearence problems.

The main reason I want to do a cam swap to F303, is that I am tired of the power lose that we have at about 5600rpm. That pisses me off more than anything else. It is like you run into a damn cliff if you go above that.

If you do go with the F303 I would recommend getting some high rev springs also.

Blake

alotahp92gt

Established Member
i have a new f cam for sale. ... are you gonna add any type of power adder? if so the f cam is great and will go well with the systemax. however you may still have to check piston to valve clearance if still running stock pistons. If you have domed or fly cut... check but you should be good... also get a decent valvetrain to handle that cam

brian

Last edited:

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Found a good deal on a set of AFR 165 heads. Will the valvetrain on these heads handle the f cam????

alotahp92gt

Established Member
03SonicBlueL said:
Found a good deal on a set of AFR 165 heads. Will the valvetrain on these heads handle the f cam????

YES that would work great however you may want to see the b cam. if you are set with useing a letter cam from ford, I.E> there are better cams out there.. f is great for high flowing heads and forcecd induction set ups.

As for selling the cam... 100 bucks, its new for 185 bucks.

Brian :beer:

alotahp92gt

Established Member
yes brand spanking new... went a different rout for th emotor and it has been sitting around.. call me today and we can work something out.....
910 382 0224

Brian

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
I got those 9.5:1 keith black pistons in my 306 and i run a e303 cam, i also have 1.7 rockers if id switch to a f cam id run into problems wouldnt I? also whats the power band on the e303 cam anyways?? cause it seems my car is awsome off the line and 2nd gear just 3rd gear its a slouch it seems, i mean it still hauls ass but it isnt like whoa in 3rd just a normal pull.. strange so I think i need to go larger cam or different cam. any idea's so i dont have to cut pistons?? and i want to take my motor to 6500rpm and i run a tci c4 tranny and a tci 2500rpm stall. if it helps.. and my heads are ported edelbrock rpm's and can handle good amount of lift and this needs to stay streetable mostly!! :rolling:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
the FRPP (FMS) cams are nice but if you're serious about making power they're not great..They ALL have a short power....I have an X-cam myself and hate it.....a Crane, Comp Cam, or TFS cam are way superior....The Crane right now is the best overall cam and have the bets powerband....Use that and you'll be happy as ****...I know with a Crane 2090...I'd put down an extra 20 to 25 hp at least

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
whistlin93SVT said:
I would also love to hear this cam....PLEASE

Blake

Sorry for the late reply..

Give me this weekend. I had to tear apart the car this past weekend and I have been working on putting it back together every evening this week. I should fire it up tomorrow evening and I'll get a sound clip. It is a very good sounding cam.

PJM99

Established Member
jordan0806 said:
the FRPP (FMS) cams are nice but if you're serious about making power they're not great..They ALL have a short power....I have an X-cam myself and hate it.....a Crane, Comp Cam, or TFS cam are way superior....The Crane right now is the best overall cam and have the bets powerband....Use that and you'll be happy as ****...I know with a Crane 2090...I'd put down an extra 20 to 25 hp at least

Will the Crane work with the stock roller rockers?

traub83

Wing Warrior destroyer
Established Member
yah id like to have around .530 lift cam and i have 1.7 rockers so thats where id be at the stock lifters be ok with somethin like that??

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
I have a AFM B-31. I'll try to do a clip this evening or in the morning

Thanks a lot!! Your car sounds sweet. What are the specs on that cam? Will it work with stock pistons?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
yes as long as you use a 1.6 rocker arm. I know the lift is .544 I don't have the rest of the specs with me here at work.

traub. I wouldn't use a .530 cam with the stock 1.7's. That would be getting into dangerous valve/piston territory

Users who are viewing this thread