crossvillelastyear_zps58d84f09.jpg
[/IMG]

Cam only Da was 3161
camtimes_zpsa2c02b4d.jpg
[/IMG]

crosvilleracez_zps8fb4ff9b.mp4 Video by 2camsam | Photobucket

Stopsign32v

Established Member
What can you say....your car does everything right! That's mid 11's or better.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
so when you say "cam only" does that mean everything is stock except for cams...........or.........full bolt ons and full suspension and cams

Stopsign32v

Established Member
so when you say "cam only" does that mean everything is stock except for cams...........or.........full bolt ons and full suspension and cams

Cams only as in no internal work other than that. Thought everyone knew that?

2 cam sam

Established Member

Mine has weight reduction and suspension . It has stock Mach intake and water pump. So not all the bolt ons.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Cams only as in no internal work other than that. Thought everyone knew that?
thought the whole "cam only" thing was an lstech thing
Mine has weight reduction and suspension . It has stock Mach intake and water pump. So not all the bolt ons.
fast car, not trying to be a hater but you have much more than cam

Prototype007

Established Member
Damn good times OP!

Ever thought about making a run at London Dragway? I've been wanting to come to Crossville just to check out "The Bounty" and do some racing myself.

2 cam sam

Established Member
Damn good times OP!

Ever thought about making a run at London Dragway? I've been wanting to come to Crossville just to check out "The Bounty" and do some racing myself.

I've thought about it but my trailer isn't tagged for leaving the state . Is London a 1/4 mile?

2 cam sam

Established Member
It is.

They recently extended the shutdown and are talking about further extending it 200' more, after the KYHP Shootout this weekend.

Do they tech the cars hard? I don't have a battery shut off and i'm running space saver tires up front. The tires are T rated to 119 but tracks might not let me run.

2 cam sam

Established Member
The only thing you changed were the cams? That is huge MPH. What cams did you go with>?

It's a bolt on car and I bought some used custom crower cams for it. There low lift .425 and big duration on the exhaust so when I get my new fuel pump in I'm going to throw a 100 shot on it. I myself was surprised at the mph there was a terminator swapped lx trapping 100mph and 2 bolt on 5.0"s trapping mid to low 90's . I believe the 5.0 guys thought I was running nitrous because they saw the zex plumbing under the hood but there was no bottle in the brackets. It mph"d a lot better than I thought it would

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'd be happy with those numbers lol, but I'm expecting more like 7.5-7.7 @ 91-93mph. I'm a big guy and my car has little to no weight reduction and I've yet to determine what suspension I'm going with, so I have my work cut out. But anyway, congrats. You got a damn solid runner!

And AHP; nobody does a cam/cams without at least exhaust, it'd just be pointless. Might as well throw nitrous on it and save a grand if that's the case.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Why? I thought it was the next step from "bolt ons". Never knew a certain make owned the term. Learn something every day...

This... I'm probably close to the only guy in the world who had a cam (if you can call it that) and no other mods (hell... who am I kidding...I had a lid).

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's a little different though, going from one factory cam to another. Going from a factory cam to an aftermarket cam is usually more expensive and best paired to an already modded car. I can't believe people still get up in arms about "cam only" cars having exhaust and the whatnot.

Prototype007

Established Member
Do they tech the cars hard? I don't have a battery shut off and i'm running space saver tires up front. The tires are T rated to 119 but tracks might not let me run.

Very, very laid back on Friday night Test-N-Tune. Just be courteous enough to at least wear a helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread