Cam choice?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Building a GT-40[Explorer] motor and my last set up included an E cam. I like it and really enjoy the lope. I am not going all out or building anything crazy, so Id like to know what kind of cam you would go with. The more "hit" the better.
If you have a short vid of yours Id appreciate you posting it up.

Thanks

blownfox

Established Member
I would go with a TFS stage 1 cam over the e cam. If you have the money Anderson Motorsports makes a really good OTS cam.

Here is my TFS stage 1.
[ame=http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/gmarotta/?action=view&current=P1012001.flv]
th_P1012001.jpg
[/ame]

blownfox

Established Member
Thanks

Trickflow top end kit, S-trim on a 200,000 shortblock. The exhaust is BBK Long tubes, OR H-pipe, and Bassani catback.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
The e-cam in my opinion was a good cam 10 years ago. It's an antique as far as modern technology and cams go now, however. TFS 1 would be a good cam for gt40 stuff.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
do your research on cams and find out what you want out of the car. that will help. comp cam xe270hr, anderson n-21 or n-41, e303, and tfs1 are the cams i was looking pretty much... i run a e303 and it runs strong even tho i know im leaving a little power on the table.... i thot the comp cam or the AFMS cam were the best ofs cams to go for...

if you want a nice lopey idle look for a 110 lsa cam like the e303 or the anderson n-41. i think there both 110*.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread