calypso coupe/vortech dyno

lazerred

Established Member
hey guys finally got the coupe tuned friday with the guys over at triangle speed shop david, lil josh, big josh and i left about 7am on friday and made the trek out to orange to get yellowsnake04 can the green monster tuned up...

had just put about 100miles on the 6speed and clutch so was a bit worried but worked out fine.. man 6th gear is awesome cruising about 80mph only turning around 2200rpms

got there about 830 am josh's cobra went on first in order to let the coupe cool off so we could install the 60lb injectors

i think his baseline tune was around 380hp after they made a few passes it got they got to 417hp with a few pulls.. cant remember his torque .. but holy Shiet daniel know his Shiet after getting it tuned david gave me a ride to orielly to get a belt..

damn that snake needs to go to bejing for the olympics cause that hoe was skating all over the place in second gear!!! that car is totally a diff car then before !!!

so after a few hours we get the coupe on the dyno to see what she would do daniel had to do a start up tune to get on the dyno and got on his first shot pretty good..

he snuck up on the tune because the motor is 10.5.1 cr so first ironed all the fuel tune and then proceed to do the timing side

got it to around 420 with just a few pulls for the fuel and some timing and on the last pull i think he added like 2dg and the car woke up hard made 452hp and 428 trq i was very happy with that considering i was looking for like 420hp so to get an extra 32hp i can live with that.. daniel his a hell of a tuner also will always answer any question you have when he is tuning it ..

they do great working on tuning... was awesome driving home with 452rwhp and the ac blowing cold crusing home in the coupe!!!

drove it a bit today in second gear around 2grand laid into and holy Shiet you betta be ready to hold on and be pointing straight
cause about 3500 all hell breaks loose!!!

just wanted say thanks to tss and david for helping me out..

here are a few pics

DSC02645.jpg

IMG.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

DSC02642.jpg

DSC02646.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

racerage7

Established Member
Dude your more than welcome as always. Glad the car performed the way you wanted. Now buy a block and we can build you another motor to make 650+. Cant wait to see it at the track and lay down some sick #s. See you Friday at the track fool!!

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
you have a awesome looking car bro. not too many fox body's have "baller" wheels. looks awesome. one of the best if not the best on this site. everyone is usually on saleen's, fr500's, bullitt's, cobra's, etc. Yours looks down right badass

Users who are viewing this thread