calling vortech powercooler owners

mrxr250rider

Established Member
hey guys i have a few questions about the vortech air-water powercooler after cooler system. my car came with a leaky core,heat exchanger and all the hoses removed. i have a replacement powercooler core and unsure how the heat exchanger mounts and how the hoses run.

thanks for the help!:banana:

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
The Feed hose will route from the bottom of the vortech coolant tank down The left side of the engine bay and behind the front bumper, into the pump, into the heat exchanger, then goes up behind the passenger fender and enters the engine bay through the same hole the air intake does, then into the aftercooler.(I think the top hole)
The return hose exits the aftercooler(out of the bottom hole I believe) and follows the feed hose through the fender, then attaches with clamps across the radiator support and then meets back up with the feed hose and goes up into the engine bay and attaches to the top of the vortech coolant tank.
I would highly recommend getting 90 degree fittings for the aftercooler, it makes life a lot easier and makes for better routing of the hoses and less chance of kinks.

mrxr250rider

Established Member
I talked to the previous owner. Not the clown I bought it off of and he said it was the cooler core. The guy I bought it off of took the heat exchanger and bumper cover off to get it towed when the mafia got wet and planned to go air-air.

Have a replacement cooler. Trying to get everything hooked back up correctly.

1)two brackets for the heat exchanger-from what I can tell they don't do anything besides give it a place to sit on. Maybe the bumper cover holds it in place?

2) hose coming from water box I have connected to the straight side of the pump, other end is connected to the heat exhanger. Seems correct?

3)I think the rest I can figure out. Those are my main concerns. Need someone who installed or is familiar with the system to help me out. Thanks!

mrxr250rider

Established Member
The Feed hose will route from the bottom of the vortech coolant tank down The left side of the engine bay and behind the front bumper, into the pump, into the heat exchanger, then goes up behind the passenger fender and enters the engine bay through the same hole the air intake does, then into the aftercooler.(I think the top hole)
The return hose exits the aftercooler(out of the bottom hole I believe) and follows the feed hose through the fender, then attaches with clamps across the radiator support and then meets back up with the feed hose and goes up into the engine bay and attaches to the top of the vortech coolant tank.
I would highly recommend getting 90 degree fittings for the aftercooler, it makes life a lot easier and makes for better routing of the hoses and less chance of kinks.

Thanks that helps alot! I appreciate it.Can u answer my other questions ^

stangbanger856

Established Member
Invest in.a 03-04 style heat exchanger. I picked my stock 04 unit up for $50. Makes a big difference in AITs between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread