Calling the '03 Experts... Rough Idle, Pulley, Gears...

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
I have a few questions for you guys that have been messing around with the "03 for a while;

1) If I get the Lightning pulley, do I need a tune?

2) My car Idles rough at stop lights if I don't have the A/C on, the Tach only shows a few hundred RPM movement, but you can feel it in the car. With the A/C on, perfect idle what's up?

3) Do these cars need more gear? I had Scott Sussman from TDC drive my car the other night and he said that it could use 4:10's. I believe that I read here that the stock gears are fine, especially after mods, the amount of TQ that would be produced would make hooking up hard with anything other than stock.

4) Best Cat back... Size (2.5/ 3.0") and how does it sound?

5) Best mods for a "G" (already have Densechrger coming) (best pulley, headers, cat back, X, etc)

Thanks
Jess

:thumbsup:

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Pic of my '00 Spring Feature GT running 12.5 @ Moroso...

mosconiac

Established Member
1) Definitely get a chip and tune with the pulley. First, you will be running safer AND you'll get even more power. WIN-WIN.

2) Have your dealer reflash the EEC with the "new" code. I did and no more rough idle.

3) Can't imagine more gear. I have traction issues on the street and I'm still essentially stock. I'd go with gears if and only if I was running DR's everyday.

4) You might try the LS-1 (Rob Raymer) 3" exhaust. Hear it here...http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22566

5) Pulley ($225 with puller), iridium plugs ($75) and chip & tune ($500-600).

Good luck, Mosconiac

Users who are viewing this thread