Calling SVO side exhaust owners....

mnewxcv

Established Member
Hey guys, I just picked up some exhaust parts, including what I think is the SVO/ford racing side exhaust for sn95 mustangs. Can anyone confirm that is what I am looking at? I haven't found very many pictures of the actual kit.

borla.jpg

ALSO, it terms of installation, it looks like the muffler mounts will tie into an existing hanger bracket, but where does the hanger by the tips go on the car?

Cleaning them up:

borla2.jpg

mnewxcv

Established Member
I don't. I feel it will be obvious when you test fit them. I ran stingers and custom borla tips on my setup

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
I will take a look tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for your help.

Nice score, where did you find it?
facebook marketplace. I changed my mind about running an OR X pipe so was looking for a catted one. Found a BBK catted X pipe for $150.... offered $140. Showed up and it was a junk yard type of place. I saw the borlas laying on the ground and said how much for those? Went home with a BBK catted X pipe and the borla side exhaust for $200....

oh, and here is the 'final' 50/50 shot, not going for perfection, this is as polished as I need it to be. Top is done, bottom is condition they came in:

borla3.jpg

mnewxcv

Established Member
GTFO, you pretty much stole it!
I always wanted to run it with no skirts

well, add another $10 for the harbor freight wire wheel pack. Without that, they wouldn't look near as good ;)

but yeah, definitely too good of a deal to pass up. Will be running skirtless.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Great score. Do you already have the side skirts? If not they can be a little hard to find.

I don't have the skirts but honestly, the reason I got the kit was to be a bit different, so I'm not going to hunt down the SVO skirts.

Nice!
Wait, skirtless? Or keeping the OEM skirts on?
thinking of removing the oem skirts. I was thinking they'd interfere with the side pipes anyway. Some people hate the no skirts look, I don't think it looks all that different.

4g8rt45.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have the skirts but honestly, the reason I got the kit was to be a bit different, so I'm not going to hunt down the SVO skirts.

thinking of removing the oem skirts. I was thinking they'd interfere with the side pipes anyway. Some people hate the no skirts look, I don't think it looks all that different.

View attachment 1488558

I don't hate the skirtless look. I've been rockin' it skirtless since 2008

cobra-boss

Established Member
I used to have that kit on my car. They were sold by ford racing, and Steeda for the new edge cars. They had a rocker cover that was sold that went over the tips, but not under, that was sold seperatly. They were made to look like 2000 R exhaust.
There was a flat metal bracket that looked like a sub frame connector. It bolted to the sub frame and had a hanger on it the tips. You will need to come uo a hanger for the tip as is will drop on as drive.

jman37

Established Member
Would look better with a drop! You on stock suspension? How does it sound?

mnewxcv

Established Member
Would look better with a drop! You on stock suspension? How does it sound?
I really like the sound. It isn't overly quiet like I worried it would be. Not nearly as loud as my pypes straight through mufflers were, which is a good thing. It helps that they exit closer to my ears; sounds good to me without pissing off everyone around me.

And yes, shocks/springs are on my to do list, but a few things ahead of it on my priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread