Calling out stock or close to stock 03/04 cobra Central IL

Don03cobra

Established Member
Hi guys... I am a ford guy thru and thru but sold my soul for a 98 Z28 LS1. My 2 most recent fords were a 90 GT that was a 10.70 @ 130 car, and my 03 cobra vert that had a few mods (450 rwhp).
I am looking for a stock or close to stock (no pulied or n20 cars) 03/04 cobra that are in or around the Springfield IL area that would like to get together for a friendly race. I will go dead stop or from a 40 roll or so.
I am not looking to bash cobras or fords.. again, I bleed blue :)
I would just like to see how close my Z with very minor bolt ons (Full exhaust, K&N filter, LS6 intake) would hang with an 03/04 cobra.
My car made 350.9 at the rear wheels thru the automatic.
I have stock;
TB
MAF
injectors
heads
rockers
cam
short block
the valve covers have never been off of this car.
stock rear end (gears never changed)
FUll weight car with leather / T tops.

I think that I can walk a stock cobra.. maybe even one with air intake/exhuast too.. but I could be wrong.

Don

trey193

Established Member
350rwhp through an Auto with such few mods sounds way high. Most cammed M6's are in the 360ish range. Either you got a runner or the dyno is just flat wrong.

Don03cobra

Established Member
The car dynoed 299 bone stock thru factory paper filter. I have documents of all mods with gains on it.. also remember the 350.9 was with the cutout open... it made 335 goign thru the catback.
The car does run strong.. it feels "close" to as strong as my 03 cobra did when it was stock.
My "Z" also has a 3200 stall converter which really helps on acceleration.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Without the stall I was gonna say no way in hell but the stall really adds alot to an A4. There was a recent vid in the Video forum of a full exhaust stalled A4 LS1 vs stock 03 Cobra. From a dig it was simply no contest for the LS1. From a roll the 03 pulled slightly. Going from a stop you will more than likely put a hurtin on him. From a roll the odds are in his favor.

Trey, Not trying to start something but I don't get where most M6 Cammed LS1's are in the 360rwhp range? It's more like 380rwhp - 440 rwhp depending on cam size. I made 399rwhp with my stock heads with a small by todays standards 224 112LSA grind. Some 230+ grinds are seeing well over 400rwhp with stock heads.

Don03cobra

Established Member
I appreciate the bumps guys, but lets stay on target before the snow falls.
I would like to line up with a 03/04 cobra!!! win/lose or draw. What do I have to do to get this to happen? I was hoping that I wouldnt have to start talking trash ;-)

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Originally posted by Don03vert
I think that I can walk a stock cobra.. maybe even one with air intake/exhuast too.. but I could be wrong.
I don't.
Race a guy who regularly runs mid-13's in an '03/'04 and you'll have a good run.
Race a guy who can get one down the track, and you'll be chasing taillights.
No flames intended, but a well driven '03/'04 will beat an A4 LS1 with no problems. With a convertor and a tire, the A4 will be hard to beat out of the hole, and even though it'll give up several mph up top, it would have enough to hold off the Cobra. Personally, a convertor would be my next mod if I were you.
S.

Don03cobra

Established Member
Hey Snorman, I remember when you gave up the KB on the 95 Gt for a cent blower... I have been bench racing (talking cars) with you for several years. I do already have a 3200 stall converter (mentioned in my 2nd post , or 1st reply in this post) so you are right, with stickies, these LS1's can get OUT of the hole.
I am impressed that you are running 12.6 @ 112 on your bone stock cobra... I am assuming that means down to the paper filter.

Users who are viewing this thread