Calling Norfolk Lightning owners!!!

whip

Established Member
OK, I'm stuck on a ship down here in Norfolk Naval base, far far away from my L. I've seen at least two L's on base, and a few in town. Is that anyone on the boards here? Is there any cool cruise nights or drag strips around here? Drop me a line, I'm having Lightning withdrawals!

4D THNDR

Established Member
Welcome to the area. Sorry to hear you are away from your fix. I don't cruise around but the nearest 1/4 mile track is up near Petersburg, www.virginiamotorsportspk.com. They do have a gathering on Friday nites I think at Giant Square off Independence Blvd where all the local hotrods show their stuff. I think they charge a buck or two to get in.

jsteiert

Established Member
Norfolk Lightning for you

I actually dont live in Norfolk but I do work at NOB and drive my L there daily, it is a white 01 with bug guard and soft bed cover. I spend most of my time around pier 11-12 or 12-13 if the change actually happened. look me up if you are nearby. what ship are you on? I go onto most ships there. always happy to talk to a fellow "L" owner.

whip

Established Member
Ya, I think I must have seen ya around! I'm the 3rd Engineer on the Laramie, hull # 203. What do you do on base? Are you a JDM customer? I think I'm ready for a lower pulley, seems like I got the only L not in the 12's!

tonysailor

Established Member
NB SIMA norfolk

Yo,

I work at SIMA Norfolk. Drive a 2000 white "L". To this date I do not know what number it is.
There is red one at the fire station (on the old air station side)
Later,
Tonysailor

PS
NOB doesn't exist.... not since 1945...it is a name that the base got stuck with.

jsteiert

Established Member
Whip I have been all around your ship but never on it, I work for Corrpro Companies as a Quality Assurance Manager on the NAVSEA Paint Teams. We work on all types of ships but mainly Aircraft Carriers and Amphib ships.
You dont have the only under "12" L around, I have not done any mods to the engine yet! but I want to add a chip from JDM and filter kit also. Time and Money are the only two things from preventing me from doing these mods :). hopefully I will see you around the base.

Tonysailor thanks for the info, most of the people I work with are retired Navy Officers and that is how they refer to the base.
you work in the SIMA building huh? we were at a conferance two weeks ago and had a booth there. My associates ran the booth for us maybe you stopped by. I have ran across that Red Lightning on 64 several times on my way back to the office, that L runs good! I dont belive that I have seen your White L though. There are lots of Cobras on base though. Later John

Undy

Established Member
I work on the Naval Base, Bldg R48 to be exact. I'm a Facilities Manager for Navy Public Works Center. You can see what I have by my sig.

Whip,
You probably know my fiance, Melba. She works for MSC too. She works at Bldg Z101. She's the gal that makes sure your fire school training is up to date, issues ID cards and checks you in and out while you're waiting for your next ship, among other things.:D

Dave

tonysailor

Established Member
R-48??

Dave,

How long have you been the Fac Man? Were you there when it moved from U-46? I was there in U-46 before it moved, as 3M coor.

Tony

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by whip
I think I'm ready for a lower pulley, seems like I got the only L not in the 12's!

Hey Whip nice seeing you posting here, by the time you get back there will be snow on the ground up in Mass.

You have been out of touch for a while, Most of us have lower and upper pulleys on out trucks now, At least I do HEHE. If I had known you were close to Undy I would have had him bring you up to NJ for the weekend. Bill, John893, Probie, and I were all there this past weekend. Jim made all our truck even faster than before.

Check out my new time, and Bill ran a 12.0
See you when you get back to Mass

Don

whip

Established Member
Undy...I certainly do know Melba! She probably wouldn't know me as she deals with a whole lot of people, but I spent two misserable weeks sitting at Z101 waiting for a school and other crap. Thats why I'm on a ship here out of the goodness of my heart (ya right!) anything beats sitting in that building! I will be bringing my L down here soon...It would be cool to get everyone together and do a cruise or something. And jsteiert, if you haven't yet seen JDM products and performance, I assure you you will be pleased if you go for a ride in a "JDM enhanced" L. Don, I wasn't going to do a pulley, but as my bank acount fills up again, I am getting reeeeeaaaal itchy to go "just a little quicker!" Oh, can you get away with driving the L year round in these parts, or does it still get nasty down here??

Users who are viewing this thread