Calling everyone with longtubes

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I installed MAC longtubes the other day. It was a pain in the butt I had to drop the K member. Now I get sometype of vibration in the gas pedel at certian RPMS. They only thing I can think of that would cause this is some of the header bolts getting loose after they got hot while driving. Any ideas on this matter would be great help. Mike :shrug:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
mjtpolice76 said:
I installed MAC longtubes the other day. It was a pain in the butt I had to drop the K member. Now I get sometype of vibration in the gas pedel at certian RPMS. They only thing I can think of that would cause this is some of the header bolts getting loose after they got hot while driving. Any ideas on this matter would be great help. Mike :shrug:

Gas pedal has nothing to do with the Headders it doesnt run even remotely close to them. I think your vibe is coincidental...check all your T/B Plenum bolts and make sure they are tight....other than that feel your valve cover when the motors running to see if you feel the vib still when reving the motor from under the hood.

Jay

badctcobra

Heck Yes I Did!!!
Established Member
Did you reuse the stock manifold bolts or did you use mac's bolts. I have heard that mac's bolts arent as stong than stage 8 locking bolts.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
not to mention you should probably retorque the header bolts after a few hundred miles(recommended), just to ensure no leaks...we're doing mine this weekend as Ive put a few hundred miles on them (BBK LT's)

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Stage 8's are great i use them but you cant use them on ever bolt..just not enough room for them with LT's,i used the stock studs on those...F those BS supplied garbage bolts,throw them right in the garbage. The headders can cause a vibe themselves only if they are hitting the K frame or something though. I can't see that being the case if everything was installed correctly.

mjtpolice76

Established Member
I reused all the stock bolts the ones from Mac looked like junk. The vibration is at 1/4 throttle and comes in at about 3000rpm, and goes away when you climb through the rpm band. I retightened all the bolts I could get to without dropping the K member again. Not one of the bolts were loose. I feel it in the the gas pedal. I will be installing the accufab TB this weekend, hopefully the vib goes away. Only time will tell. TY for all the replies Mike

Last edited:

King03Cobra

Established Member
Since you dropped the K-Member, make sure that you don't need your front end aligned. At best you should have it checked to eliminate this as a problem if you don't find something else.

Users who are viewing this thread