Calling any an all auto swap guys?

Bite u

Established Member
For anyone who has done it... How u like it? I know they say its the best option for track cars.. But mine Isn't turbo and prolly won't b. n/a with a little juice. 125 shot once I get the bigger pump. Thinking about a 4r swap.. Have a good deal local

Dan.J

Established Member
It will eat a little HP but a built/ big stalled and gear'd car is a blast to drive and usually faster for most people unless you can clutch/shift really good. Thought about doing this myself at some point, I'll probly just go C4 though.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Honestly, you will miss rowing gears.

Unless you're trying to gain every tenth you can, leave a 5 speed behind it.

Ponyman460

Established Member
questions:

1- how much of a track car is it? How much street?
2- Daily?
3- HP goals?

I put the auto in mine and it is great, but sometimes I miss the stick

Bite u

Established Member
Right now with the stick it made 415/451 on a 75 shot... And it sees the track a decent amount.. Not tons. But in the year I have owned it between mods (which I'm really slow.. Tranny swap took me like 2 months lol) it's made prolly 50 passes down the track. Modular dont get much respect down here unless its turbo'd or big blower. My goal is to build a respectable "cam only" car. Would like to see 11.5's outta it can only. And then spray. Just to show modulars Can do it too ;) even with the crappy b heads. Hoping the auto swap don't eat to much and swapping it will help lower the 60's n net me an 11.8-11.9 pass at my 3450 or prolly more after swap race weight

And it's my second/ weekend car. I like Rowing through the gears.. But knowing auto does it better and faster seems like the better choice. Plus with 4.56's gears go by quickly! Especially spraying ;)

Last edited:

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I love my 4r70w.410gears,3g PI multi disc,lock up w/OD,80mph=2600rpms.
I had a c4 hated it. If any of our sn95 cobra brothers need a PA profit 4.6 5.4 bell let me know.

Bite u

Established Member
I know, mine was a bolt on 4.56 car with 150shot with a TKO behind it. Was a lot of fun!

I guess I'm just getting lazy... N I want the best most consistent times when running at the track... Although I'm pretty damn consistent with the 5 SPD.

12.34 n 12.33 on motor and 11.71 n 11.69 on spray. I just know it has a lot more in it.. He'll my 12.34 run was only a 1.80 60'.. Im not 100 percent set on the 4r swap. That's y i figured I'd ask. Car isn't gonna have a blower or a turbo on it anytime soon. It's gonna eventually get a set of cams. N see how far cam only will take it? And I know autos with the torque multiplication of the converters makes for some nasty pull

epracmetcon

Established Member
If you plan on getting cams for it, get the ones you want spec'd out and then have your converter spec'd out. Don't go cheap on the torque converter either, it will make or break your car on how it runs.

Users who are viewing this thread