Calling all the MGW shifter owners!! In here

How do you tweek your MGW Shifter?

• I rotate the handle closer to me

Votes: 115 84.6%
  • I leave it at 6 o'clock

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Other (Please be kind enough t explain)

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

whitetrash1

Established Member
mine is currently 7 ish but i dont care for it period. very clunky and has never felt right in any position

CobraKid04

Established Member
6 o'clock long arms. tried the 7-8 o'clock positions...not for me. any other positions that you guys like to put you shifter? hahaha

20psirabbit

Established Member
i wish mgw made a long arm similiar to the agent 47 cf shifter arm... it would be amazing if i didn't have to reach for that shifter, but i like my mgw too much to take a chance on another shifter :shrug:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
7:30/7:45 ish. Keep messing with it at different places but it always ends up back there.

Had a few problems missing 2nd at first, but it seems to have broken in some and not a problem anymore.

Blutooth

Yeah, I'd have to say that mine is set at around 7 - 7:30 myself. It works like a champ! If he keeps having problems hitting 3rd, is because he's probably "trying" to hard to hit it. If you put the car in neutral, the shifter is sitting directly below 3rd gear. Tell him to practice shifting from 2nd to 3rd in his normal driving routing, shifting as fast as possible to gain muscle memory. The closer to the 6 o'clock position he has his shifter, the easier it gets to put into 3rd. Everyone has a different feel when shifting.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Charles236

Established Member
I use 7:30, but with another change. I removed the stock stud that the shifter knob goes on and replaced it with a longer one (about 1 1/2 inches longer). This puts the knob a bit higher and closer to me, so it suits me perfectly now.

matnewaccount

Established Member
orange handle 6:30....vertically sitting all the way down. I also have 1.5" coupling and extension. That helped with smoothness and reduced shifting effort. Never missed a gear. I get quite a bit of gear noise, i guess that normal?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
wow, a few ringing endorsements, but more disappointment than I anticipated reading

how many here wish they would have kept the factory shifter? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread