Calling all SVTers, creatinine levels too high?

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Had a physical on Friday, because I haven't had one since high school (I'm 24) and they called me today to inform me that my creatinine levels are really high in my urine test. I have scheduled a doctors appointment for tomorrow, but i didn't expect them to find anything wrong. Anyone experienced this, or know what could be causing it? I drink water with the exception of 2 or 3 sodas a day. I looked on Google and I found that my kidneys might not be functioning properly. :(

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I don't know man. I hope it turns out well for you though. I did some quick reading and it looks like the piss test is the least accurate method of measuring but it is commonly used because it is inexpensive and convenient. There are more accurate testing methods available so I would imagine you will get those thrown at you. Best of luck and my first advice as just another nobody would be to cut the soda out. That shit isn't good for you but at 24 it shouldn't cause this.

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
Thanks. I didn't think so either, but i'm cutting it out completely.

This useless post brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Creatinine levels in your blood is likely what they are referring to. Creatinine is produced more or less in a steady state in your body and excreted exclusively through the kidneys. As such, it can serve as a proxy for your kidney's glomerular filtration rate. Elevated serum creatinine levels indicate a reduced glomerular index.

Soda doesn't have much of an effect insofar as you're not consuming massive amounts of sodium elsewhere. Keep the aleve/ibuprofen use to a minimum and drink lots of fluids (it can also be an indicator of dehydration).

wht93gted

Established Member
Mine were elevated as well, forget the numbers though. My Dr. said it was most likely dehydration so to come back in a month and re-do the tests. I re-took them a month later and they were perfectly in line.

Mine was a blood test which showed it.

Users who are viewing this thread