Calling all guitarists....effects board, processors, etc. recomendations needed

PonyXpress

Can anybody reccomend a good multi-effects board or processing software? At the moment all I have is a Strat, a POS 25 watt Fender amp, and nothing between the two.

PonyXpress

evil04cobra said:
What is your primary style of play
Pretty much everything from bllues/blues rock to thrash metal to neoclassical and prog. So I need something with a wiiiiiiiide array of tones.

and budget??
Whatever my broke ass can scrounge up :-D Nothing more than about $400 tho...

jrc347

Established Member
I have a Zoom 505II pedal. It's on the low end of the scale- about $100, but has a pretty decent array of sounds. Has a pretty good copy of Eddie VH's "brown sound".

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
For that kind of budget, I'd probably get on eBay and try to hunt down a Boss GT 6. It has COSM (composite object sound modeling) which will help in the tone department, but it also has an expression pedal you can use for volume or wah, or whatever. Used they probably fetch around $200. The digital processing engine in the unit is actually a Roland piece, so it is not as much a toy as some effects systems are.

Good Luck!!!

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Look into digitech. I don't know alot about the 'new" stuff, but I got my digitech rp750 (i think it's 750) in '97, and it covers everything as far as I'm concerned. I also have A roland processor and 12 track recorder which gets one hell of a sound, but that was like 1600 bucks or so. I think the digitech was a bit more than 500 bucks at the time.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
If you are willing to spend the $400 get the Digitech GNX4. Since you play such a wide variety this is the PERFECT pedal/board for you. I have it and it is UNREAL. It has absolutely everything you need/want that you could imagine. I'm not going to get into details about it b/c there is so much shit it can do so I'll just give you the link. I got mine for under $500 new but you can find them around or less than $400 used. The last model of this which is just as good i think was called the GNX400 or something like that. Trust me, this this is undervalued for all that u get. Check it out and hope it helps! It has made me play 20x better b/c it has allowed me to get that tone i have wanted for each song/band i play.

Link> http://digitech.com/products/gnx4.htm

Users who are viewing this thread