Calling all AF guys

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
What constitutes a **** up? Or are they just alot more strict with punishments?

In what the air force in general or my career field of security forces. Answers yes and yes right now. Air Force is down sizing big time right now, so it seems any minor shit just turned into major voodoo. As well as in Security Forces your prity much Guilty till Proven Innocent.

03cobraracer

Established Member
how do you get booted out do they just cancel your contract and give you the boot early? im planning on going into the AF soon for security forces so hopefully i can get in. i know its not the most glorious job but im going into law enforcement i already am partially so im gonna do my 4 years there and get out and go into federal or state police.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
how do you get booted out do they just cancel your contract and give you the boot early? im planning on going into the AF soon for security forces so hopefully i can get in. i know its not the most glorious job but im going into law enforcement i already am partially so im gonna do my 4 years there and get out and go into federal or state police.
Depends on the severity of the incident, etc... To many ways to go about it, without going deep. Just don't be surprised if you don't see the law enforcement side for 2-3 years. And then it depends on what base, if you have a good supervisor and how bad you want it and can do it. I started pulling Le as a A1c back in the day, but only cause i proved myself better than the Sgt's on shift as well as being a proactive patrolman instead of hanging out in the patrolman's office all day.

Fire Pig

Established Member
who knows, but as of right now the air force is doing a huge roll back, kicking out all the people that ****ed up because the air force is ''over manned'' ..which is somewhat true.

This is when EPR's and and NJP records come into play. Also waivers and medical conditions and fitness.

Medically seperating troops with non deployable waivers. So many...um whats the word individuals try and milk this system so they don't have to deploy. I can't stand it.

I remember when the first Force reshaping hit long ago.

Like what was said above, the progress of your SF career depends on how proactive you are.

These days with so many contracted gate guards you new generation SF rookies don't even have to work a darn gate as much as us prior guys had to.

The job is what you make it just don't be influenced by negative co workers around you.

You know the ones who were re-classed into SF. Im sure you hear the stories they make up.

I was in PJ training blah blah I was in Tac-P blah blah and washed out.
Then you have the college drop out mentality who are just always complaining about how they regret joining the military and should have stayed in college.

Stay away from these idiotic people, the job is actually fun even working the gates, if you apply yourself and be as vigilant as your suppose to.

Don't ever let dorks talk bad about the SF career field two of my people died wearing that badge.
It takes time and maturity to really appreciate the job.

Who says its dead end??

Apply for CATM
Apply for K9
Apply for Instructor
In the upper ranks apply for SF Battle Laboratory
Apply for Raven
Apply or try to be looked at for investigations candidate.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Thanks guys I appreciate your help, I have a lot of research to do it seems lol. Everyone I have talked to have always told me, If I go into the service then AF is where I should go. It seems like everyone that has been in it, has enjoyed it too!

Fire Pig

Established Member
Thanks guys I appreciate your help, I have a lot of research to do it seems lol. Everyone I have talked to have always told me, If I go into the service then AF is where I should go. It seems like everyone that has been in it, has enjoyed it too!

Yea I did 6 years SF and Fire Protection...hence the username.

I really miss my days as a young Airmen living in the dorms, deployments, coming back from deployments thinking we were rich.
Tech Schools TDYs
Some of the most positive and influential people I have ever been surrounded by.:rockon:

Last edited:

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
i agree with your previous posts fire pig. of course SF has many open windows for once you get some time and experience under your belt. But you have to admit there is a lot more bullshit SF has to put up with. We are held to a high high standard since we are one of the first that people see coming onto a base.. and that one attitude of a SF member can reflect everybody.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Depends on the severity of the incident, etc... To many ways to go about it, without going deep. Just don't be surprised if you don't see the law enforcement side for 2-3 years. And then it depends on what base, if you have a good supervisor and how bad you want it and can do it. I started pulling Le as a A1c back in the day, but only cause i proved myself better than the Sgt's on shift as well as being a proactive patrolman instead of hanging out in the patrolman's office all day.

well i know being proactive wont be a problem for me im already in law enforcement right now part time and i love it. i know if i prove myself and show that i wanna learn and do more then i will get the chance most likely. and hopefully since i have some LE experience it will help me know just a little more then some of the other guys.

And fire pig, i will definately look into all of those things to apply for, i have to show that i want it and i will apply for everyone if i can lol. i dont want anything to do wit the people who sit there and bitch and talk shit about it dont need that negative energy. once i lose the damn weight i have to hopefully i can start the enlistment process. im already 26yrs old so im running out of time to get this done. i will be like 31 when i get out.

Users who are viewing this thread