Calipers!!

BocaCobra

Established Member
Anyone paint the brake Calipers yet?? Friend of mine is a Paint and Body guy so will do mine for free but cant decide on a good color...Anybody do theirs yet and if so any pics? I have a Sonic Blue 03 --- He said he can do an exact match in color and make the Calipers Sonic Blue like the car - What do you guys think?

SStupid

Established Member
Nah

I only like two colors on calipers: polished and red. I think the calipers should be a contrast, not match the car, but that's just my opinion.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Here is a pic of my foxbody Mustang. It has red calipers. This isn't the best pic, but I can get a better one for you if you want (it's raining and at night right now). Hope this helps:

attachment.php

I personally think that black or silver would look good w/ sonic blue, it just depends on the other colors of your car as well (engine colors, etc.) just my $0.02 :D

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Here's mine.

I tied for first place in the SVT cobra divison at the MCA show this weekend in Dania Beach

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue
Here's mine.

I tied for first place in the SVT cobra divison at the MCA show this weekend in Dania Beach

I LIKEY that blue!!
I like the red too...and the black looks good...

I need to do mine before the shiny wheels go on.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
I'm going with black with the silver "Cobra". Plus is makes the dirt come off easier. But then again, I have a black Vert.

I think the Blue on the Sonic Blue would the way to go. That pic of Sonic Blue's is perfect.!

BocaCobra

Established Member
Hey Sonic....They look GREAT in Blue...Other colors look good to but that Blue is incredibl!! Thanks for the close up pic - You just helped me make my decision :)

Silver 03 Cobra

They are Baer Eradispeed Plus rotors. It's the same company that makes the stock 03 calipers. You can get the same ones in a sigle piece rotor also.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
While this thread is here, anyone paint them while they were still on the car?

If not, how much of a pain to get them off/back on.....

Have not done anything with the brakes on the 03 yet

Thanks,
Ken

BocaCobra

Established Member
No idea if its a pain to get them off and on for painting but I have a friend thats a mechanic and will take them off and my other friend is a painter who will paint them so basically it pays to have friends in the right places - lol

skstang

Established Member
I painted mine on the car. stuck paper towels over the rotors and around the brakes and had old sheets covering everything else. Covered the Cobra letters with some kind of Jel and painted away. The letters wipe off with a little work. Polished the insides of the Chrome wheels at the same time. Nice Sunday work.

skstang

Established Member
Whatever I could find. It happened to be Aloe Vera Jel for Sunburns. Hell you could put butter on there if you wanted too.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread