Caliper Paint Color Choice Help

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
What color should I paint my calipers? I've had my mind set on black but I figured I would ask for opinions. Truck is Bright Red, I wouldn't mind red but it would have to match the truck perfectly or I wouldn't be happy. I don't understand why the front calipers are black and the rear calipers are silver on our trucks. I done a quick search and most of the red calipers I ran across weren't on red trucks, the only red truck I found was Cichlids and he has what looks to be a big brake kit up front so it works for him. Opinions and pictures please.:rockon:

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Red is a fav of truck owners that have black, but I think there's also the Brembo influence too. Red truck I'd probably go with silver.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
leave it alone. i think painted calipers look bad IMHO

I totally disagree, I have saw some that do look awful when painted. Like the paint is too thick on them or something but when it's done right you won't be able to tell it's been painted. One big reason why I will probably go with black, nothing looks worse than different color calipers. Of course this is my opinion fighting yours, so neither of us is winning anything.:thumbsup: I think I'll go with black, I think I'm going to take the calipers off and sand them down instead of going with the "brush on" kits. I'll report back with pics.:dancenana:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well, black would look better but it sure wont stand out as much. Good thing is you could go for the red drastic look and if you dont like it repaint. What are plans for the painting? Brush on, paint, who's paint, primer, clear? Use to do ALOT of them for the people in my Mustang club...nice half day job. -Shane

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
BLACK, Red looks RICE unless its a big brake kit...

+2
Also, I already spend waaaayy too long every time I wash my truck. If I painted the rotors I'd feel obligated to add them to the list of details to be cleaned adding even more time to the washing process.

insane99svt

Established Member
Mine are ford blue from the high heat engine paint its a dark blue on a black truck so not very noticeable but its different If I had the time I would go with polishing them that would look good I think.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Polishing them would look unreal behind the right wheel, I don't believe the stock wheel is that wheel though.(too much work for me as well, lol)

I'm going to go with black, I don't really want to do the brush on paint. Would rather pull the calipers off the truck, clean them up real good and then paint.

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
this is the only pic I have of the front...

DSCN0353.jpg

here's the rear caliper...smaller and yes I need new rotors :bash:

DSCN0349.jpg

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
That's a big lip on those wheels!

Painted them black today, look good. Doesn't stand out at all, exactly what I wanted. I'll post pics later.

Users who are viewing this thread