california R

R-CODE

Established Member
cruzcr0024.jpg

R-CODE

Established Member
Have any of you guys decided on getting the graphics for your R - Model like the prototype car has? And also what do you think about replacing the prancing horse for a cobra snake on the front grill? This particlular car has it done. :p

Cobra-R

Established Member
The ownership packet with the R's included a sticker for each aftermarket item on the car. I assume everyone got these with thier cars also.

Brian

kevin

the stickers i got were'nt the same as those on the prototype. i eas wanting those like the proto, but couldn't find good copy.

any idea where these came from?

i'm not sure i like the bullitt gas cap. i think i'll leave the horse as well. ford didn't think enough of it for that and the rear valanv=ce still with "mustang" on it.

if you know where to get the stickers and can find out if their reusable, let me know.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Yea, that is my mistake, they are not the exact same as shown in that pic. Thanks for bringing that up, Kevin

Brian

'00 R

: what is all the crap along the bottom right of the car? I usually have a large amount of crap behind the back wheels on fri. and sat. night, but it's called "melted rubber". BTW - that brings up another good question! I have a hard time getting the caked on rubber off the rear facia behind the tires. I am currently just waxing it every fri and sat before I go out, but i still have to use bug and tar remover to get the rubber off. I am thinking it might be cost efficient to buy street/radials so I don't have to do 5 second burnouts everytime I race in order to get a decent grip on the pavement? So does anyone know of a preventative product for keeping the crap from sticking, or maybe making it easier to get off?
-clarky....

Cobra-R

Established Member
Clarky,
I do believe there is a secret to preventing that problem, or at least minimizing it, but I can't remember what it was. I want to say it was like spraying nonstick stuff you spray on pans to prevent food from sticking while cooking or something on that order. Anyone else ever heard of that?

Brian

BTW: I sure would like to get that info from you that you promised us.:-?

svtguy

Established Member
How to keep tire rubber off of the rear quater panels?

#1 Pam brand cooking spray. I've never tried it.

#2 A spray on product called BURNOUT GUARD. I see it used at the drag strips. I've never used it and I don't know where to purchase it.

WOW, now I am up to 32 posts!

Paul.

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
'00 R, Cobra-R, svtguy, Kevin,

You can use WD-40 to remove and also leave a light coat or film on the rear quarters to help clean up of the rubber left behind by the burnouts.. This is what we do with our Street Outlaw car..

Works well and not a lot of work to remove..

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread