California People near Atwater

SpeedOften

Established Member
Know anyone who reported their dog being hit by a car and the person who hit it not stopping???
I don't know if it's a law over there about a person being required to stop if they hit an animal to see if the animal is ok or not but it is in a couple of the states I have lived in. The person who hit dog has no remorse and IMO deserves to get in trouble for hitting the poor dog...

http://forums.focaljet.com/zetec-tuning/560916-stupid-dog-bent-my-radiator.html#post6237426

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
I don't believe that the law here requires you to stop if you hit an animal and quite frankly in the same situation I wouldn't either. It's not like you can ask the dog where he lives nor can you call for an ambulance to come rescue it. Dogs tend to become very vicious when in serious pain so approaching it is a bad idea. Your best course of action would be to pull off to a safe location and call the police to report the incident so they can have animal control come remove the dog from the road. I will admit that the OP in that thread seems to have a very cold reaction to the whole situation. The person that is really responsible for the death of this dog is the owner who let it out or abandoned it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread