California Fix It Ticket Help

Ford1288

Established Member
44082c74-0117-3e20.jpg

They got me for tint and no front license plate. (could have been a lot worse)

Check this out guys and let me know what you think. What I gather from this is I can pay the bail and not have to worry about doing fixing the corrections? I will get it retinted anyway and just paying the bail would save me time and money. Would I get a violation on my record if I just pay the bail? Any knowledge on this would be appreciated. I need to take care of this ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes you can just pay the bail. But if you get pulled over by the same officer again it may not go the same way this time. Also both things he sited you for are not moving violations.

Latinimagexx

Established Member
When I got a fix it ticket for my license plate & tint I had to go to my nearest police station. You just pay the fine and they go outside to check if you fixed it. They don't check all the time but there is a chance that they might. Just depends if they are to lazy to go outside and check.

Ford1288

Established Member
"a conviction will be reported to the DMV if the violation is reportable"

Is this a reportable violation?

trendkilllx

Established Member
also in california for window tint violation from highway patrol, no fees but had to remove the tint and drive the car to the nearest highway patrol station within 3 weeks of the violation for verification. I did not mind removing the tint but I see cars all the time with california plates where I live and dark tint, maybe they just have not recieved any citations yet.

oldmodman

Established Member
And for Gods sake. Post your pictures horizontal, not vertical. I won't look like the "O'Rly" owl trying to read it.

And yes, you cab (depending on the jurisdiction) just pay the fine rather than fixing the fault and getting it signed off.

In my local area I would rather pay a fine than waste half a day getting it signed off, and then having to stand in line at my local court (at least two more hours) to get it entered into the system, and still having to pay the "court cost" even though no court or points are involved.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
gee, 195 fine, versus 50 dollars (25 bucks for each correctable violation IF you have them signed off) in fines for correcting the violations. You must have money to throw away.

Who waits in line at the court? Go to your nearest Highway Patrol office during normal business hours and ask for them to sign off your stuff. Mail it in, profit.

this isn't rocket science. When I sign someone up for a correctable violation, I put on it "CLEAR WITH *INSERT AGENCY NAME* ONLY" that way I know folks like you get their stuff squared away.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
gee, 195 fine, versus 50 dollars (25 bucks for each correctable violation IF you have them signed off) in fines for correcting the violations. You must have money to throw away.

Who waits in line at the court? Go to your nearest Highway Patrol office during normal business hours and ask for them to sign off your stuff. Mail it in, profit.

this isn't rocket science. When I sign someone up for a correctable violation, I put on it "CLEAR WITH *INSERT AGENCY NAME* ONLY" that way I know folks like you get their stuff squared away.

this.

Stanger00

Established Member
And for Gods sake. Post your pictures horizontal, not vertical. I won't look like the "O'Rly" owl trying to read it.

And yes, you cab (depending on the jurisdiction) just pay the fine rather than fixing the fault and getting it signed off.

In my local area I would rather pay a fine than waste half a day getting it signed off, and then having to stand in line at my local court (at least two more hours) to get it entered into the system, and still having to pay the "court cost" even though no court or points are involved.

WAT? Stand in line! Who does that.

All you do is go to the nearest LEO station and ask for someone to sign off the ticket. In all of my fix-it-ticket warnings the cops came outside to inspect :bored:. After they inspect they put their badge number and signature for each corrected violation. After that part was done I made copies of the signed citation and then put the originals in an envelope with a check for court fees and mailed it off to the respective Superior Court.

CHP was the same routine just had to drive further to find one of their stations.

I would also remove the tint and slap the front plate on...Fab some brackets if you need to. A lot cheaper than the fine.

Last edited:

Sprayed2v

Established Member
They make u fix it? Really? In VA they just keep writing u tickets. Its just more money for the corrupt commonwealth I live in

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member
I got a ticket for tinted windows last year, however here in Texas you dont have to have a leo review the correction and sign off.

All I had to do was go to a place that tints windows and get the guy to write me a receipt that said he removed it and mail that in.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They make u fix it? Really? In VA they just keep writing u tickets. Its just more money for the corrupt commonwealth I live in
so the police writing repeated tickets to stupid people who refuse to put their car in compliance with the law are corrupt? someone needs a reality check. if you hate it so bad move.

Planter

Banned
so the police writing repeated tickets to stupid people who refuse to put their car in compliance with the law are corrupt? someone needs a reality check. if you hate it so bad move.

i think he was just questioning why they wouldnt be happier to just keep writing tickets to keep collecting money from a stupid person who was willing to throw it away as opposed to writing a mandatory fix it ticket that only brought in a one time fee. thats the way I read what he was saying. :shrug:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member

Just curious how your agency limits who signs off a vehicle code violation that is subject to correctable status? The CVC clearly states "Any violation may be certified as corrected by a police department, the California Highway Patrol, sheriff, marshal, or other law enforcement agency regularly engaged in enforcement of the Vehicle Code".

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Just curious how your agency limits who signs off a vehicle code violation that is subject to correctable status? The CVC clearly states "Any violation may be certified as corrected by a police department, the California Highway Patrol, sheriff, marshal, or other law enforcement agency regularly engaged in enforcement of the Vehicle Code".

I should clarify that the courts have allowed us to do this practice due to some of the folks we cite are habitual offenders. Our traffic judge is brutal and has allowed this for some time.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member

Even if you fix the violation still have to stand in line to pay the reduced fee...

O.p btw you can just pay the fine online and not fix a thing.

Ford1288

Established Member
Took the tint off today and did the whole process of getting it signed off and dealt with at the courthouse. Took all of 2 hours including removing the tint.

CHP does it for free whereas SDPD charges 17 dollars.

Pretty hassle free and I am not too disappointed in the way the car looks without tint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread