California Fires

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Dont know if this has already been started in another forum or thread, but here gose anyways.

SO for those of you who dont know, there are currently many fires spreading in the southern california area, and its really crazy and hectic right now, if you look outside in my area, it is red cloudy windy and just really something out of a war movie, the sky is red, the cars are filled with ashes, ashes are falling, the air is thick with stuff.

So what you guys think about the fires. How did they start, my brother said that somebody was playing with flares or something like that, but could it be the weather? i mean were in fall lol.

darkcrayz

Established Member
I believe the police believe that it was arson, and are currently running down leads, heard it on the news a few days ago.

All the ash is playing havok on my asthma, not fun at all. I live by the beach so the Santa Anna's are blowing the ash overhead and actually keeping the weather cool, but all the ash is not good for my breathing. And it does look orange, a bit weird.

haha, just came back from the desert early this morning, came within 300 feet of the Valley Center fire, at about 4:30 this morning. crazy stuff man, most roads are shut down up here. Two of my friends have already lost their houses and trucks. bad situation

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
The latest is that a lost hunter started a signal fire to attract attention, and it got out of control. A contributing factor was the environmental laws that prevented people from cutting back and thinning underbrush in "protected" or "endangered" areas. I'm not talking smack here, just repeating what I heard on the news.

My condolences go out to all those who have suffered losses.

RedlineNSX

Banned
I just woke up to a dark yellow sky and orange sun. There are ashes all over the balconies and you can see them falling from the sky. wild. Im in San diego and the fires arent real close to me, they must be huge for them to have this kind of impact where i live. wow, hope everything gets under control soon.

oldmodman

Established Member
I live near the beach in West Los Angeles. The car (not the Cobra) is covered with gritty ash, the sky is yellow and the air stinks of fire. And I just got a call from a friend in Simi Valley, the fire is within a mile and a half of her house. The fire crews are driving up her street warning people to get ready to evacuate the area. She spent 12K having the brush removed from around her house and getting fire resistant landscaping installed. I sure hope it works!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I just saw pictures on the news. That's some bad stuff. I hope they get the fires put out soon. My condolences to the people who have lost friends and family or houses and possessions.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Indian summer is here. Too damn hot if you ask me.

Ahhhhhhhhhh............. Snow............ (I could actually get you back for all those posts about your beautiful weather!:rolling: )

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread