California emissions?

kevinp

Established Member
I have the California Emissions option on the window sticker, searched around so far I havent seen what the real difference (if any) is from the 50 state cars. I read about the extra tube on the intake but some others say thats an auto/M6 thing.

Just curious what the difference is, cant imagine it being much if its free. Bought my car in North Carolina and have seen a few cars here in TN with the california emissions on the window sticker local as well, as far as I know its not required in either state.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
far as i know all cars built in the US are now CA emissions from the factory

kevinp

Established Member
far as i know all cars built in the US are now CA emissions from the factory

Thats what I thought, but on these there is 50 state federal and an optional California emissions. Its a no cost option and several of the ones I was looking at had it and some didnt, its right on the window sticker and on the sticker under the hood.

I know some states adopted the California standards and have to have to California sticker, I just dont know if there is really anything different on the 2011s or its just a sticker.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I've seen the CA emissions sticker on a few 2011's around here. Went out of my way to avoid them when I bought mine just in case there is extra emissions crap I don't need.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wonder how much power you lose from the California emissions?

I'm guessing zero. My buddy with a 2011 5.0 ca emissions made 437 hp an 424tq so i don't see it as a power issue like the old days.

kevinp

Established Member
I'm guessing zero. My buddy with a 2011 5.0 ca emissions made 437 hp an 424tq so i don't see it as a power issue like the old days.

Yea, I dont think it costs any power. If it did they would have to change the advertised HP rating I would think. It could be a simple calibration change..

Users who are viewing this thread