Cali Boys with Long tubes in here!

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
What do you guys with long tubes do when smog time comes around? I've been debating L/T's for awhile now with smog being my only concern.

Is there any setup you guys know of that will pass like a catted shorty x pipe or something? :idea:

:beer:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i just got mine smogged back in october, soon as it was done i threw my lontubes on, and hopefully by the time my next smog comes around ill be registered out of state, if not then i will probably put all the stock stuff back on and get smogged

DOHC Rocket

Established Member
98cobrancali said:
i just got mine smogged back in october, soon as it was done i threw my lontubes on, and hopefully by the time my next smog comes around ill be registered out of state, if not then i will probably put all the stock stuff back on and get smogged

This is what I did as well except I am staying in Cali. I am also trying to see if I can mock up a shortie H pipe with 4 cats somehow, but it will be tough. Passing visual isnt the problem with the right shop, its that damn information they send to Sacramento.

CaliSS2001

Established Member
Lt's will pass with obd2 cats, but will fail visual at tough shops, oh btw the BBK's tuck away so clean that my buddie passed twice no problem.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i think my smog guy would pass my longtubes, he didnt even notice the shorties i had on it before, and plus he never really did look at it, just hooked it up to the machine, if i get the money i may have some cats put in my x pipe, and see if he would pass it when the time came

duane v

Established Member
Only me license plate makes it to me buddies smog shop..I just borrow my buds stock 98 GT, throw my license plate on, give them the actual mileage on my stang and slap $300 in his hand and Im cool for 2 years...There is no way my stang will pass legitimately, especially with the cams and head porting...DA snake boy!!!

Rev Happy

Established Member
If the cats are warm enough, the car will pass with longtubes... Cold startup is what you have to worry about with longtubes, but if the car is driven around for the cats to warm up, the car will pass everything but the visual like mentioned above...

I have Hooker LTs and a prochamber and not even going to worry about putting cats on the car or pulling the headers... I'm just going to pay to pass it... It's no big deal at all...

Users who are viewing this thread