Calculus 2 is kicking my ass

Stangdriver13

Established Member
Calc II is by far the hardest of the three calc classes if you have to take calc III, however Diff Eq is a whole other ball game, that class is breaker

Formula51

Established Member
Cal 2 is kicking my ass! Either my prof moves too quickly or I am just a slow leaner. So many different integration methods in just a few weeks time. Anybody felt the same way?

I didn't read the whole thread, but when I was in college just a few years back, Calc 2 was by far the hardest. Calc 3 and and Diff. Eq's were easier I thought. If it is beating you too bad, you could always withdraw and take it next semester (get a different professor) or even over summer school. The key to learning and being successful in any hard class like that is getting a good professor. You need to ask around and find out who to get.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
i don't really have the option to withdraw or fail the class. This is my first semester back at the school on probation (bad freshman year a few years ago) and i have to make up 13 points (2 Bs or A and C) in my 2 current classes. I think i can do it... hopefully

crew_dawg16

Established Member
That's what makes all the difference. If it never "clicks," you're hosed. But once that hapens, you look back and say, "Man...I was an idiot. How did I not get it?" Calc is like a magic eye picture. Some people just never see the sailboat.

I saw a schooner... :shrug:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I never hated calculus, but I'm glad I don't have to do it any more. I think I've pretty much forgotten everything anyway.

stangin99

Established Member
Calc 1 - easy
Calc 2 - easy
Calc 3 - sucked hard
Calc 4 - easy
Matrix Alg. - not bad
Diff Eq. - tough

Last edited:

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I thought Calc 2 sucked pretty bad, and then I took Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 in one summer. It was 6 hours of class per day, five days a week, for 2 months. We had tests every tuesday and Friday. After that, Calc 2 felt like nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread