Calabogie, August 28-29, 2010

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Hi folks,

NE-SVT, the autocross club I head, has secured August 28 and 29 2010 with Calabogie in conjunction with 3 Balls racing, and will be opening reg for it very soon.....within a week or so. The event will be capped at around 60 cars. The first sessions will be split until the cars naturally separate, and will move to an open point by format with the checker every 30 minutes.....cars are free to come and go at any time during the open sessions. Lunch will be included both days. Passengers are allowed. Although there will be no formal instruction, We will be bringing some student level drivers (with reasonable experience) and will pull from within our ranks to train them up. There are plenty of passing zones so no one should be held up for long if at all. We have a list about 14 or 15 drivers from NE-SVT that are likely to go. The club is only on the hook to bring 10, but I know we can muster at least 20.

The basic reg fee will be 465 for both days starting in February. We will be offering an early bird discounted price ($416) on registration prior to that. PM me if you're interested in the early rate.

I picked up close to 500 track miles at the event this year. The jackass factor at this event is VERY low. The drivers from the 3 Balls group have excellent track etiquette and were quick in general. The flaggers are world class. The lunch we had was a full on steak and chicken grill fest with a huge salad. The staff at the facility was really laid back and were obviously very happy we were there using the facility. There is a new speed shop on the premises with a mechanic and a tire changing capability. Passive lap timing and in car data acquisition will be allowed.

In addition to this event, the two following days are booked at Mosport with TrackGuys, which is Jeff Lacina, and Dell Hughes' group. This event is more of a traditional school with students, instructors and will have separate groups. I recall it was under 350 for early pricing for two days there in 09. I'm not sure what they have planned this year for pricing, but I am going 100%.

The reason I mention both events is that there is only a few hours of road separating the tracks, and four days of open track is WAY better than two. I did this same sequence in 2009 and logged 750 or so track miles. You can't beat the deal and see two of the best tracks Canada has to offer in four days..

You'll get a great dose, more seat time than you can handle..

If you have questions about the Calabogie event, I'd be glad to answer them.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

Last edited:

shlbygt

Established Member
I'll be there again, way too much fun this year. I put over 200 miles on the Focus on Sunday and didn't run every session.

We need to find out if the Audi/Porsche guys will have Mt. Tremblant on the Friday before Calabogie like this year. Also, ICAR runs an evening program not far from Mt. Tremblant.
(Wed or Thurs) night ICAR (ICAR | Complexe de sports motorisés à Mirabel - Karting - Voitures)
Friday Mt. Tremblant
Sat- Sun Calabogie
Mon-Tues Mosport
How many miles could your little Miata do under this scenario Troy?
Instead of a Track Dawgs Tour we could call it the Canadian Mille Miglia Eh??

TroyV

Established Member
I tried the to get the COM guys to book their Tremblant event for that Thursday-Friday, but they obviously were not nearly cool enough to see the value in having the opportunity to hit all three tracks in six days. I have more laps at Tremblant than anywhere else, I would probably come away with close to 500 or so track miles there. Using the total from that weekend this year would put the grand total at 1250 track miles.

That would be unbelievable.

As it was, my co-driver and I were looking to see if anyone had Tremblant for the two days following Mosport. The car was good to go, I had plenty of tire left, and we had only used around three tanks of fuel for all four days....and we weren't taking it easy.

TroyV

Established Member
The final pricing has been set and we are offering an early bird discount effective until Jan 31, 2010. We have 9 entries in MSR already which were to test the process. It looks like it is working smoothly. The discounted price is $416.....That is for two days of open track with lunch included.

You have the option to pay the discounted rate either with a partial deposit ($208), or you can pay $416 in full. If you choose the deposit option, the balance will be due by March 31st. The pricing structure will change to the standard rate of $465 on Feb 1 and there will not be a deposit option.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.../uidEvent/7103B629-B19F-C24F-ABBC081289B4B699

The details of the event are on the MSR page. The format is simple.

I opened registration this early because I feel you gear heads tend to get the shaft during the holidays.

Are you tired of getting dumb sweaters with reindeer on them?....How about being placed on some ridiculous cheese of the month club or receiving gift certs for places you have absolutely no interest in?

Here is your opportunity to get something you'll ACTUALLY use!!! What could possibly be a better holiday gift than to send your track whoring significant other to an event where said whore can get that so desperately needed fix?

:)

TroyV

Established Member
FYI Reminder: Early bird pricing ends on Jan 31.

This event is solid. The track is already paid. We have 10 registered, and there are likely to be four or five more in the next few days. I'm sure we can muster 20 total..

We don't have a room block per se, but we have a line on a lake front hotel, and some condos on the lake as well.

This track is seriously fantastic.

Where are my Canadians at? :)

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Update:

We are planning to leave registration open right up until a few weeks prior to the event at the regular price.

We currently have 25 registered. Although my current limit is set at 30, I'm sure we could squeeze more in if we had to.

....T minus 26 weeks and counting. :)

TroyV

Established Member
60 is the cap. 3 Balls is responsible for the other 30. Like I said, I'm sure we could squeeze in more than 30 if that number came to be.

Users who are viewing this thread