CAI/Predator -- Need help

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
Recently my dad bought and installed a K&N CAI for his Mach 1. It's stock save for an after cat exhuast. Everything went fine except now the idle drops down too low after shifting and sometimes it even stalls out while being driven. Anyone know what is causing that? I would assume that it needs to be tuned/programmed through something like the Diablo Predator which he is getting soon anyway. Is there an specific adjustment that can be made on the tuner to help this problem, or will the stock tune the Predator comes with do fine? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Nineonesix

Established Member
Recently my dad bought and installed a K&N CAI for his Mach 1. It's stock save for an after cat exhuast. Everything went fine except now the idle drops down too low after shifting and sometimes it even stalls out while being driven. Anyone know what is causing that? I would assume that it needs to be tuned/programmed through something like the Diablo Predator which he is getting soon anyway. Is there an specific adjustment that can be made on the tuner to help this problem, or will the stock tune the Predator comes with do fine? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

I would suggest not even buying the tuner if your dad doesnt plan on getting a dyno tune. The canned tunes arent the best to use. Also I WOULD suggest if you do have to buy a tuner to get a sct2 or 3. Someone else could chime in to help you with your stalling problem

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
MAF screen. install it. Ignore the install instructions. You'll be good from there.

Also, research handhelds before commiting. Find out what local dyno shops use and go from there. I would not add the box tune if you install a midpipe and catback. Especially an O/R midpipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread