CAI and Traction Bar. For someone in the country

BerserkBusa

Established Member
Well i have done a search on both these subjects and read alotta info but still have not really gotten the answers that i desire hence why i am posting up

For question one

I'm looking at Cold Air intaks but i live in the country with alotta gravel roads so alotta dust issues which Cold air intakes work well but i don't wana have to clean them out everytime i run from the farm to town? Also i'm considering a ram air hood or shaker hood so mabey i should wait till then or mabey that will make things worse as far as dirt for me.

Next is traction bars i have read alotta pros cons of each and some on towing issues. Now My truck will remain stock height since i live on the gravel and i like to tow with it a fair amount works really well getting seed corn home and parts and other things so i have been putting to good use in the towing department. but i also wana take it to the strip and have some fun.

So which traction bars are gona both help me well and still be able to take the truck to the max load and not make her ride like a lumber wagon or compromise the truck in some way shape or form.

My final goals for the truck are to run mid 12's to low 13's hopefull i'm not asking for to much

thanks in advance

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
BerserkBusa said:
Well i have done a search on both these subjects and read alotta info but still have not really gotten the answers that i desire hence why i am posting up

For question one

I'm looking at Cold Air intaks but i live in the country with alotta gravel roads so alotta dust issues which Cold air intakes work well but i don't wana have to clean them out everytime i run from the farm to town? Also i'm considering a ram air hood or shaker hood so mabey i should wait till then or mabey that will make things worse as far as dirt for me.

Next is traction bars i have read alotta pros cons of each and some on towing issues. Now My truck will remain stock height since i live on the gravel and i like to tow with it a fair amount works really well getting seed corn home and parts and other things so i have been putting to good use in the towing department. but i also wana take it to the strip and have some fun.

So which traction bars are gona both help me well and still be able to take the truck to the max load and not make her ride like a lumber wagon or compromise the truck in some way shape or form.

My final goals for the truck are to run mid 12's to low 13's hopefull i'm not asking for to much

thanks in advance

big fan of the ATS cold air

and a big fan of the metco upper link bars due to them being over the axle and being hidden

fullboogie

Established Member
Gound clearance will be somewhat of an issue with any kind of traction bar, except the Metcos. Even Lakewood slappers hang down a little, but the long bars hang down even more.

BerserkBusa

Established Member
Hmm Beenstruck you have my intrest with the Upper Metcos now how dose that go if i load the truck down good though i have already had that truck drop more then 2 inches when i load with corn and put a trailer on the back granted i may not load down that much again made the truck sit level if not alittle the other way

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
BerserkBusa said:
Hmm Beenstruck you have my intrest with the Upper Metcos now how dose that go if i load the truck down good though i have already had that truck drop more then 2 inches when i load with corn and put a trailer on the back granted i may not load down that much again made the truck sit level if not alittle the other way

i dont use mine for a truck much but ive hualed a bed full of fire wood. it did pretty good... and i have 2inch drop shakles....

BerserkBusa

Established Member
thanks for all the advice people looks like i'm going with Chickenears Cold air intake system and he has come up with something pretty neat to keep the dust outta the ram air system so i can use it when i want to or not so thats a good deal.

Looks like i will end up with the Metco traction bars but after this intake purchase i may hold off on them for a bit till i really need them i think

Thanks again everyone for your opinions and comments

Users who are viewing this thread