CAI Advice

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
I am currently running a JLT RaM Air CAI on my 97 Cobra and the problem I am having is it hits the hood right at the rubber collector to the TB. I was wondering if changing my setup back to a stock tube or a C & L for instance will it gain me anything. I would like to go back to running my strut tower brace as well. I dont want to clearance my hood if I can help it. Any advice on past experience would be greatly appreciated. I dont have my stocker anymore either I cant find it after I moved. Also does anyone run the K & N set up and what do they think of gains and fitment.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
i had just a k&n filter on my cobra with the stock tube, ran well, put the c&l on, noticed a difference and i can still keep my strut brace which was very very important to me, so if you can get a C&L intake tube, i may sell you mine if you want as i may be converting my cobra back to stock....but id go witht he c&l with a k&n filter thats what i run and i love it..

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
you wont gain anything going back to stock or the C&L. I doubt you would lose much if any power either. The stock intake with drop in filter works fine.

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
i had just a k&n filter on my cobra with the stock tube, ran well, put the c&l on, noticed a difference and i can still keep my strut brace which was very very important to me, so if you can get a C&L intake tube, i may sell you mine if you want as i may be converting my cobra back to stock....but id go witht he c&l with a k&n filter thats what i run and i love it..

Do you have any rubbing issues with the C & L?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
not one, the mechanic who worked on my car made a slight black mark on it cause i had a huge filter that didnt fit, but switched to the stock box and k&n now its perfect..so no no issues

Users who are viewing this thread