C8 Z06 vs GT500

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
That’s what the video showed. My gt500 trapped 133 stock.

Certainly under those particular conditions it did. Z's have trapped as high as 135 under favorable conditions.

Either way, they're probably pretty close most of the time. At least from a dig, the 500 would never be able to close the enormous gap before both cars hit their limiter's.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It's a bit more than that but yes, Tremec manufactures both transmissions and they do not have the same number of forward speeds.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just put up a sign with a New Balance BOGO sale and the Corvette owner will be to distracted to race.

dan1982

Established Member
i've only seen the new gt500s trap around 129 to 131 stock.
lol... like i said. cant go wrong either way. The gt500 is for the guy who is gonna mod and tinker. I dont think the motor in the z06 is gonna hold up with a turbo kit. those motors have a hard enough time being stock.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
lol... like i said. cant go wrong either way. The gt500 is for the guy who is gonna mod and tinker.
oh i agree 100% im just saying what i've seen so far at the dragstrip. same thing with the hellcats are always much slower then advertised in real world. what part of NY you from? ever goto cars and coffee in Westchester County?

dan1982

Established Member
oh i agree 100% im just saying what i've seen so far at the dragstrip. same thing with the hellcats are always much slower then advertised in real world. what part of NY you from? ever goto cars and coffee in Westchester County?
im right near poughkeepsie... but no... ive never been.

Users who are viewing this thread