C8 Z06 Testing in the snow! Pics Inside!!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Probably still will end up being the cheapest ME car. But that’s just me guessing.
Well based on your screen name that makes alot of sense. Should be one hell of a car.

Rock20

Established Member
There isnt a 2020 Z , and cost has gone up. By the time the Z comes out 130 will more than likey be the price range.

Cost has gone up that's why I said from bottom 80's to high 80's low 90's. No rational reason to believe a base Z will go up 50k.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Cost has gone up that's why I said from bottom 80's to high 80's low 90's. No rational reason to believe a base Z will go up 50k.
Why not? Gt500 base went up Bout 25k from to 2014 to 2020.

No reason the new Z cant be about 50k more. There aiming at buyers that spend money.

Rock20

Established Member

No reason the new Z cant be about 50k more. There aiming at buyers that spend money.

Your math seems off. Base 14 was 55k base 2020 is 70k. So 5 years and 15k seems about right. So far Chevy has show it's pricing strategy to be on par with previous Gens if you believe it will stray from that have at it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There isnt a 2020 Z , and cost has gone up. By the time the Z comes out 130 will more than likey be the price range.
YUP!!! I'm guessing 100K for base.
Gotta pay for all that research and development.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

look at the base c8, how much did it go up? I suspect the z to follow suit.

Ford seems to be the only one that hikes their price out as such. They have Ferrari dreams.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
A few places I checked over the weekend while browsing the interweb said this was not a Z car but a derivative of the “E-Ray”. The wheel covers are to hide electric motors on the front wheels. Essentially an LT2 with electric assistance adding another 100 or so HP. We shall see.

No interest in electric assist anything for this ******.

Last edited:

Z06

Established Member
What history are you going off of? C6 and C7 Z's came a year after the base right? C5Z is the only one I'm thinking of that was a late bloomer.

I might be going from the unveil dates. No way we will have a 2020 Z06.

Z06

Established Member
A few places I checked over the weekend while browsing the interweb said this was not a Z car but a derivative of the “E-Ray”. The wheel covers are to hard electric motors on the front wheels. Essentially an LT2 with electric assistance adding another 100 or so HP. We shall see.

No interest in electric assist anything for this ******.

if that’s the case I would think they would stick to the base body and not go wide, or would they go wide just to accommodate bigger tires? That tire size only comes around for the Z cars.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Your math seems off. Base 14 was 55k base 2020 is 70k. So 5 years and 15k seems about right. So far Chevy has show it's pricing strategy to be on par with previous Gens if you believe it will stray from that have at it.

Your math must be as bad as mine the 2020 starting price is 74k. So were back to being closer to 20k price difference. That new z R&D is gonna be paid some how and its not gonna be paid at 80k.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
look at the base c8, how much did it go up? I suspect the z to follow suit.

Ford seems to be the only one that hikes their price out as such. They have Ferrari dreams.

Didnt GM say they are upping the price of the C8 for the 2021 year?

I guess fords dreams of Ferrari pricing is working out for them. People are buying them. I personally think the car is extremely expensive. But thats because i cant afford one.

Rock20

Established Member
Your math must be as bad as mine the 2020 starting price is 74k. So were back to being closer to 20k price difference. That new z R&D is gonna be paid some how and its not gonna be paid at 80k.
Nope my math is correct. The extra 4k is destination fee and gas guzzler. Still at 15k. If you say so. I'll go rational thinking and generations of pricing history.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nope my math is correct. The extra 4k is destination fee and gas guzzler. Still at 15k. If you say so. I'll go rational thinking and generations of pricing history.

Once again your still wrong the total selling price is 74k before T&L. Ill even help you. Since im a nice guy today. 2020 74k - 2014 55k = 19k. Thats alot closer to about 20k than the 15k you think. You have hopes and dreams pricing. Just wait for the used one to pop up in 1 yr. Youll find them in the 80k all day used.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I guess fords dreams of Ferrari pricing is working out for them. People are buying them. I personally think the car is extremely expensive. But thats because i cant afford one.

I’m not sure about the price on the c8 z06, I just don’t expect to go higher than a c7 ZR1.

Ford has always had a strong following. They have built a strong quality reputation in the domestic market over the years. Prices have been hiked up and people still buy them. But I think the direction they have been going lately has alienated a lot of old school loyal.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ford has always had a strong following. They have built a strong quality reputation in the domestic market over the years. Prices have been hiked up and people still buy them. But I think the direction they have been going lately has alienated a lot of old school loyal.

I agree. Personally im upset at ford over all. Getting out of the car game. Making your every day blue collar mustang affordable has pretty much gone out the window. A well optioned GT is over 50k now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

That’s what I remember, said something like they are losing $10k on each car at $60k.

I agree. Personally im upset at ford over all. Getting out of the car game. Making your every day blue collar mustang affordable has pretty much gone out the window. A well optioned GT is over 50k now.
I priced out base 15 mustang GT with recaros and tp at $35k msrp. In 18 the base with recaros and tp2 was close to $47k. Crazy!!

nxhappy

Established Member
starting price is 81k for a 2019 Z, I am betting the newest z06 will be $90-100 for the base. And 130 loaded. Pretty sure it will be a Twin turbo beast, so well worth the money.

Rock20

Established Member
Once again your still wrong the total selling price is 74k before T&L. Ill even help you. Since im a nice guy today. 2020 74k - 2014 55k = 19k. Thats alot closer to about 20k than the 15k you think. You have hopes and dreams pricing. Just wait for the used one to pop up in 1 yr. Youll find them in the 80k all day used.

That's still Ford's pricing strategy your basing your pricing hopes on not Chevy. I'll go with Chevy's pricing history. Either way if I want one I'm a year 1 buyer. I'll have a hard time spending 130 on a Chevy though. If it's that high in 2+ years I'll be looking at Audi R8's or maybe a used Huracan.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That's still Ford's pricing strategy your basing your pricing hopes on not Chevy. I'll go with Chevy's pricing history. Either way if I want one I'm a year 1 buyer. I'll have a hard time spending 130 on a Chevy though. If it's that high in 2+ years I'll be looking at Audi R8's or maybe a used Huracan.

My question is if your able to get and R8 why even waste money on the C8. Chevy been know to have very cheap interior compared to the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread