C8 Corvette making potential GT500 buyers rethink their options

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Hemi
Whats your better idea? Has to stay 5speed/4x4. Ill wait :D

Im totally with you when it comes to mutt swaps in cars but for this truck I need a veeery tightly packaged motor due to the cross bracing and shock hoops. If the tranny options for the 2.0 or 2.3EB becomes a thing id probably go that route. Its not a priority build period so theres time

nxhappy

Established Member
will I go to hell for selling my 5.0 for a c8? Will my Viper be jealous?? Jesus Himself might off some baby kittens. **** me I never thought I would actually want a corvette and white new balance shoes ..... =(

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
will I go to hell for selling my 5.0 for a c8? Will my Viper be jealous?? Jesus Himself might off some baby kittens. **** me I never thought I would actually want a corvette and white new balance shoes ..... =(
No, but you may go to Nirvana.

Have you though about the possibility of the Vette making the Viper seem lame? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

nxhappy

Established Member
No, but you may go to Nirvana.

Have you though about the possibility of the Vette making the Viper seem lame? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I would imagine the c8 to be a "smooth" like power. More like an exotic, with the mid engine placement. The Viper is just raw and violent lol. Technology and comfort wise the c8 looks to be amazing. My GTS is flat out old school. If I get a C8 its gonna be the daily for sure.

blk02edge

Established Member
That is exactly what I'd do too. I can do a budget 351 Windsor build and make just as much if not more power, easily with off the shelf z-heads. That ranger is way too pimp to go sticking an LS in it. I love LS motors....in GMs :D @blk02edge
Unfortunately... 5speed 4x4... Drivers side drop Tcase, all while fitting in the tiny ranger frame. The chevy nv3500 tranny and t case are all a perfect fit. Ford has only one option that bolts to the 5.0 block and its awful. If someone knows more options im all ears but ive done hours and hours of research. Hah

Dusten

Established Member
Unfortunately... 5speed 4x4... Drivers side drop Tcase, all while fitting in the tiny ranger frame. The chevy nv3500 tranny and t case are all a perfect fit. Ford has only one option that bolts to the 5.0 block and its awful. If someone knows more options im all ears but ive done hours and hours of research. Hah
No adapter for the nv3500 from AA?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Started off the day in this...

20190803_195818.jpg

Drove four hours from Augusta, GA down to Jacksonville, Fl. Stopped by the Chevy dealer to pick up one of the last ZR1's and drove back. Holy **** is the ZR1 ever a beast.

20190803_135147.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Not mine. I mentioned it earlier in this thread but those are my good friend George's cars. After spending time with the white ZR1 I may see if Nick can change my color selection to white. The black accents with the white looks so badass in person and I think it would have the same effect on a GT500.

If it matters, the RWD R8 was no slouch either.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not mine. I mentioned it earlier in this thread but those are my good friend George's cars. After spending time with the white ZR1 I may see if Nick can change my color selection to white. The black accents with the white looks so badass in person and I think it would have the same effect on a GT500.

If it matters, the RWD R8 was no slouch either.

That's what I get for only reading the last page lol.

Nice collection you buddy has.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
like i said, ive got not issue being the "hater" or whatever the new term is. I personally think the car is hideous, and do not believe for a moment this car is 60k + TTL. 3360lbs dry wight means its a 3600lbs car loaded with a driver, with 500hp. unless GM has a physics off button this car is not running any Ferraris down. if I'm wrong ill happily admit it, for the internet points.

it will be nice to see these up on curbs, and smashed at both ends as GM boys lean about midship cars. the mustang meme are old for sure even if well deserved.

i had the same position on the C7 as well, although this thing makes the C7 look far better.

im not a GM guy at all. ive owned and do own a bunch of different makes but every single GM product i get in is a pos and in my opinion ugly.
This has been overlooked and I was going to bring it up back when but forgot. Yes, why would GM advertise its weight by "Dry Weight" is weird. I like this statement the best...

"It is significantly less than the weight of a vehicle in a driveable condition and therefore rarely used. Quoting a dry weight can make a car’s weight and power-to-weight figures appear far more favorable than those of rival cars using curb weight"

Without a driver this should put it between 3500-3600lbs

Users who are viewing this thread