C7 D-Bag Owned By '03 Cobra

Sick03Vert

Banned
So I'm out driving around yesterday on the freeway just minding my own business, not really looking for trouble. I happen to glance over to the feeder road and I see a black C7 pulling out of the local mall. I personally don't like the styling, but it is unique enough to where you do notice it in traffic. I didn't pay it too much mind other than to think "Hey, another one" as they are already popular around this area.

Well, I'm going around 70-75mph (that's LEGAL on this stretch of highway ;-)) and the next thing I know, I see this moron pass on the feeder like I'm standing still, weaving in and out of pretty heavy traffic. Then I see him lock up the brakes because he comes up on three cars doing around the speed limit and can't get by. So I think to myself, "What an ass." I keep going and he's pretty far back. My exit comes up, so I hit the ramp and drop down to around 45mph or so. This feeder is three lanes wide. I'm merging into the fast lane, there's a car about a car length ahead of me in the middle lane, and a slow moving truck in the right lane. Well, I'm cruising along and about three seconds later this jack wagon in the C7 cuts me off BAD...had to nail the brakes...and just barely, I'm talking fat man's dick distance here, BARELY misses clipping the car in the middle lane.

Normally, that would have been enough for me to chase him down and show him what's up. However, traffic was somewhat heavy and I don't do the stupid shit I used to in my younger days, so I thought whatever, let him kill himself in due time.

About then, we are coming up on a red light and the C7 got caught behind a mini van. This red light has two lanes that turn left, he was in the far left and I just so happened to be right behind him. Light turns green, we go, no sooner than we complete the turn he is gunning it right up on the ass of this van, trying to cut into the right lane. By now, the guy is pissing me off just because he's driving like he owns a damn Lambo or something. I hang back a bit, still with traffic pretty heavy and nowhere to go. Suddenly, dude just whips into the right lane forcing the car that was there to nail the brakes just like I had to. He cuts over, floors it, then cuts off the car that was in front of him as he changes back into the left lane. I decided alright, screw it. Never ran a C7, but I'm gonna see what that thing's got.

By now, traffic is much lighter so I change lanes and manage to catch up to him as the road merged to a single lane and he got caught up behind a slow car. He's all weaving left and right like he's going to pass this guy even though there's clearly no room on the right, which would be illegal anyway, and traffic is pretty steady from the oncoming lane.

Well, I know this road well and I knew EXACTLY where it splits into two lanes. It's a 45mph road...so as we got close to the split, I knew he would be shooting around the slower car as there was NOBODY for miles in front of it. I dropped down to second (SVTP recommended gear for this kinda thing :rockon:) and waited. As soon as the lane split, the slower car moved right and the C7 punched it...I was on the gas half a second later.

Now....I don't know what the C7 is rated for as far as times go, and my car is not stock...but I damn near went right into the ass of the thing because for some reason my shitty Nexen tires decided to hook like MT ET streets or something. :dw: So I feathered for a split second, got back in it, and passed him easily in the right lane....pulling from around 45ish up to about 110ish. (This particular stretch of road had no speed limit as it dips over the Mexico border and then back again. ;-)) I'd say when I let off I had him by a car, maybe two. Of course, then came the ricer flyby. I let him go, then when he braked, I gave him a flyby of my own for the hell of it and to let him know anybody can do that shit.:D

At this point we were coming up on some traffic in the left lane. I let off and got back down to cruising speed in the right lane. The asshole starts swerving back and forth between lanes like he's thinking about passing us both. I decide I'll make it easy. I slowed down and signaled for him to come up next to me figuring we could do a 20 or so roll once we let traffic get far enough ahead. But NO...jackass decides to cut left, then cut right and damn near hit me AGAIN. That's when I decided to just let it go. Obviously he is an idiot.

A few miles later he was in the left turn lane at a redlight that goes into a gated neighborhood. I pulled up a car behind him in one of the lanes that went straight and I could see him texting on his phone. Better be sending a message to Callaway or Lingenfelter, because that stock shit can GTFO. :lol1:

Anyway, long read but I try to be as detailed as possible. Would have loved to gone heads up with the C7 to see what the results would be, but it simply wasn't going to happen.

2003 Cobra mods: In signature

2014 Stingray mods: Asshole driver mod. Other mods unknown but likely stock.

*CLIFFS: C7 driven by douchebag weaves in and out of traffic, nearly causes around 30 accidents....gets caught and passed from behind by modded '03 Cobra. Refuses to do a clean run. Douchebags suck. :beer:

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I don't know that I would have given him the time of day driving like that. I used to see that type of driving all of the time when I drove my 03 around daily. It's like gorillas in the wild trying to out do each other. Some people just don't get it no matter what they drive.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
I agree, you shouldn't have given him anything. He clearly didn't understand it anyway. Nice kill tho. I hope that when he does wreck that he doesn't hurt anyone else.

stangposse

Established Member
I'm glad you showed him whats up. He had to feel pretty stupid after he found out he couldn't hold you off. I'm sure he thought it was a given that he was the faster car. Sure, he could have bought 3 built Cobras for the money he spent on his C7, but that theory goes out the window when he drives like a tool and gets pulled on like he did.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I usually make it a point to really drop back away from people like that. He will end up wrecking that thing someday soon

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I really dont understand why people race someone theyve seen driving like a lunatic - You get in a race and they do something stupid and get someone killed now you're going down with em

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
You only have a 6" shorty antenna and you walked him, man I call BS!

Just kidding good run man, it goes 2 ways, I'm glad the guy is down to floor it and race around, but he is also an idiot, now you never know that something could of actually been going on at his house or emergency type of situation and had to get home ASAP. But good work I say

Sick03Vert

Banned
I don't know that I would have given him the time of day driving like that. I used to see that type of driving all of the time when I drove my 03 around daily. It's like gorillas in the wild trying to out do each other. Some people just don't get it no matter what they drive.

I agree, you shouldn't have given him anything. He clearly didn't understand it anyway. Nice kill tho. I hope that when he does wreck that he doesn't hurt anyone else.

I agree with both of you guys. In my younger years I would have chased him down and done something no better than what he was doing. As I've gotten a bit older, I don't usually mess with people that drive that way. This particular time it just so happened there was a few miles of open road, well eventually, and I knew it would be just our two cars going at it with nobody else at risk. If things had gotten too far out of hand, I would have backed out. I don't endorse that kind of stuff, but to be honest I did get a bit caught up in the moment of 1.) Wanting to see what the new Vettes can do, and 2.) Wanting to show a d-bag his car wasn't all he thought.

Unfortunately, I came away feeling like I accomplished neither. BUT...it was fun, nobody got hurt, and nothing broke. :beer:

I usually make it a point to really drop back away from people like that. He will end up wrecking that thing someday soon

I agree and do that all the time. If I raced everyone that drove like a maniac to catch up to me, I'd be racing everywhere I went. I catch a lot of crap for just cruising around town in a Terminator, but I really bought it because I appreciate the car. I DON'T want it wrapped around a phone pole any time soon, and I WON'T allow myself to be drawn into a potentially dangerous situation with an obviously idiotic driver. :beer:

I really dont understand why people race someone theyve seen driving like a lunatic - You get in a race and they do something stupid and get someone killed now you're going down with em

I agree with this. Again, for me this time I just got caught up. However, if traffic hadn't been COMPLETELY CLEAR on that stretch of road, and if I didn't know the road like the back of my hand, I would not have bothered with him. Again, I don't defend it or pretend that I "did the right thing", but in this particular case it was relatively safe to get a run in. :beer:

Good kill buddy, I need to do some work to my cobra, a c7 walked me a few months ago :(

Hey Zem! :beer: Good to see you on here.

Mine isn't all that fast, but it can hold its own when need be. It would probably get walked by 99% of cars on SVTP though. Not 100% since we do have some Corvette guys on here I could walk pretty easily.....:eek::lol1: Just joking. Respect for those cars...very nice and more comfortable than my Cobra as well. Plus C6Z's....well....:bowdown::-D

You only have a 6" shorty antenna and you walked him, man I call BS!

Just kidding good run man, it goes 2 ways, I'm glad the guy is down to floor it and race around, but he is also an idiot, now you never know that something could of actually been going on at his house or emergency type of situation and had to get home ASAP. But good work I say

I have a LITTLE more than a shorty antenna....;-):beer:

Thank you :beer:. I wouldn't rule out a home emergency, but to me it didn't appear that way. No emergency flashers or anything like that, but you still never know. It was fun and nobody got hurt so all in all it was ok. But I hope this doesn't set a trend for C7 drivers...I know we've seen some already that have met their ends at the hands of, well...less-than-competent drivers.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I'm not sure what's worse the fact that he was driving like an idiot or the fact that you trust a Nexen tire at 100+ MPH on 450 WHP car. Good kill I guess would like to have seen video of a clean run. Too bad he was driving like a squid.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I'm not sure what's worse the fact that he was driving like an idiot or the fact that you trust a Nexen tire at 100+ MPH on 450 WHP car. Good kill I guess would like to have seen video of a clean run. Too bad he was driving like a squid.

:lol: Legit. :beer:

For the record, I don't trust these tires any further than I can throw my whole car. Replacements are coming soon....probably Nitto 555's.

I had no passenger and only a cell phone....no way I'd be trying to video it. However, maybe someone more mature that's in the area and wants a friendly run that isn't an idiot will be up for a run. That's not a call out, to be clear. Just saying that once they get just a little more popular, maybe we'll see some on these boards.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
lol good kill

the cars appearance is good for 650+rwhp...i can see why these owners lately get all **** of the walk on people

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
:lol: Legit. :beer:

For the record, I don't trust these tires any further than I can throw my whole car. Replacements are coming soon....probably Nitto 555's.

I had no passenger and only a cell phone....no way I'd be trying to video it. However, maybe someone more mature that's in the area and wants a friendly run that isn't an idiot will be up for a run. That's not a call out, to be clear. Just saying that once they get just a little more popular, maybe we'll see some on these boards.

Holy **** We actually agree!! :beer:

Had some nexen's (previous owner) come apart on me @ 80 MPH in a M3. I'll never drive a car that has them again.

Ahhh come on man ?? A 450 WHP manual with a PD blower and you can't powershift and Record on your camera phone at the same time?? WTF! I thought you were superhuman ;)

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Sickvert I've never seen you post a kill story but this is exactly how I imagined it going as far as you writing it. A thorough background story which would include traffic, a douche, and a chevy lmao. Good kill and I hate people who drive like that. Seen a 6 series BMW yesterday driving like your C7 guy.

Sick03Vert

Banned
lol good kill

the cars appearance is good for 650+rwhp...i can see why these owners lately get all **** of the walk on people

:lol:

True....many of the new owners think they just bought an exotic. I'm not knocking it if its your thing, but IMO....not an exotic. The Z06 version, however, would be arguable.

And thanks. :beer:

:bs:

Good Kill!:coolman:

:lol: This guy....always busting my chops. :lol1::beer:

Holy **** We actually agree!! :beer:

Had some nexen's (previous owner) come apart on me @ 80 MPH in a M3. I'll never drive a car that has them again.

Ahhh come on man ?? A 450 WHP manual with a PD blower and you can't powershift and Record on your camera phone at the same time?? WTF! I thought you were superhuman ;)

:lol: Yeah I wish I was superhuman. :lol1:

Nice we agree on something...told you we might before everything was said and done. Had to be scary to have a tire come apart at those speeds. :eek:

These tires came with the car and since I've only driven it 3k in 8 months I haven't been too concerned with swapping them...but it's definitely getting bumped up the list as I have done more research and heard stories similar to yours about these things coming apart at random....I don't need that. It'll take forever to clean the shit stains off my seats if that happens to me. :D:beer:

Sickvert I've never seen you post a kill story but this is exactly how I imagined it going as far as you writing it. A thorough background story which would include traffic, a douche, and a chevy lmao. Good kill and I hate people who drive like that. Seen a 6 series BMW yesterday driving like your C7 guy.

:lol: Thanks I think? :beer::-D

If I'm going to take the time to tell a story, and people are going to take the time to read it, then it better be pretty good and worth the read, or at least give you guys a laugh. Good to hear I lived up to the expectations. :lol1:

6 series BMW's are nice...but I have noticed that they are also driven by tools, as you said. Most definitely a trend with those cars.

Thanks for the read! :beer:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice, these are always the best type of kills. When the other guy thinks he's got the toughest shit on the road and gets stomped.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I love how mexico borders Houston. And not just in one spot!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
:lol:

True....many of the new owners think they just bought an exotic. I'm not knocking it if its your thing, but IMO....not an exotic. The Z06 version, however, would be arguable.

And thanks. :beer:

:lol: This guy....always busting my chops. :lol1::beer:

:lol: Yeah I wish I was superhuman. :lol1:

Nice we agree on something...told you we might before everything was said and done. Had to be scary to have a tire come apart at those speeds. :eek:

These tires came with the car and since I've only driven it 3k in 8 months I haven't been too concerned with swapping them...but it's definitely getting bumped up the list as I have done more research and heard stories similar to yours about these things coming apart at random....I don't need that. It'll take forever to clean the shit stains off my seats if that happens to me. :D:beer:

:lol: Thanks I think? :beer::-D

If I'm going to take the time to tell a story, and people are going to take the time to read it, then it better be pretty good and worth the read, or at least give you guys a laugh. Good to hear I lived up to the expectations. :lol1:

6 series BMW's are nice...but I have noticed that they are also driven by tools, as you said. Most definitely a trend with those cars.

Thanks for the read! :beer:

Its definitely not a question my man the story was intriguing. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread