C7 Corvette Z06 8 speed Auto vs GT-R - It's all in the Launch

jleews6

Established Member
I knew as soon as I saw who made the video that this was going to be the slowest C7Z on the planet against a good running GTR.:bored:

T.Man

Established Member
I knew as soon as I saw who made the video that this was going to be the slowest C7Z on the planet against a good running GTR.:bored:
Judging by the title i was hoping the c7 would launch nice and consistent and beat the gtr. A waste of a video. I dont care for a puppy kick.

True story. Based on how it was titled and hyped, I figured it would be a good run. Instead, we get this crap. I already said my peace on YouTube and then unsubscribed. This is nothing more than click bait for the uneducated masses to soak up.

Last edited:

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
How do you figure? Honestly I go to the drag strip a lot, multiple tracks around the area. I even drive 4-5 hours to some tracks and just because that Z06 ran a bad ET/MPH doesn't mean it doesn't have a pulley and tune. The internet has killed a lot of the fun in going out and running your car, people get so hyped up that if they don't go out and set the world on fire they're considered an "idiot" or "have no skill". Ive seen numerous C6 Z06 with basic mods run in the 12's and other cars run slow that should run fast. The slip was showed and the Z06 got a 2.0x 60', nothing is going to run fast with that. Honestly I've ran faster in the 1/8 mile in a 2011 Mustang GT with the only mods being tune and drag radials(stock air box and exhaust still), does that mean the mustang is faster than the Z? No way! I think it's going to see videos of cars running real world times, it takes practice and seat time to get the best results out of a car and it doesn't happen the first time at the track no matter what a lot of the keyboard warriors think. I've personally heard people at the track who have ran a bad ET because of driver error/traction/bad 60' say they wasn't coming back to the track because something had to be wrong with the car. That's a bad thing for the sport, just like the internet people want to only look at cars that make 700-1000hp and anything less is boring and no fun. Sorry to go on a small rant but the dude with the Z06 in the vid will figure it out if he sticks with it and throws a set of drag radials on some spare wheels.

That GTR though, god what I would do to own one.:beer:

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I can't tell you how many times I've seen videos of fast cars running shitty times, over and over and over. You can't get used to seeing fast cars being driven like shit.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
There are several videos on the web of me running my stock Boss for the first time on DR in poor air. Comments ranged from slow Boss to terrible driver....
Well the same driver and stock Boss on DR laid down 11.82 at 117 in good air once I hot the launch figured out.
You can't judge a car or driver by one video!!!

jleews6

Established Member
How do you figure? Honestly I go to the drag strip a lot, multiple tracks around the area. I even drive 4-5 hours to some tracks and just because that Z06 ran a bad ET/MPH doesn't mean it doesn't have a pulley and tune. The internet has killed a lot of the fun in going out and running your car, people get so hyped up that if they don't go out and set the world on fire they're considered an "idiot" or "have no skill". Ive seen numerous C6 Z06 with basic mods run in the 12's and other cars run slow that should run fast. The slip was showed and the Z06 got a 2.0x 60', nothing is going to run fast with that. Honestly I've ran faster in the 1/8 mile in a 2011 Mustang GT with the only mods being tune and drag radials(stock air box and exhaust still), does that mean the mustang is faster than the Z? No way! I think it's going to see videos of cars running real world times, it takes practice and seat time to get the best results out of a car and it doesn't happen the first time at the track no matter what a lot of the keyboard warriors think. I've personally heard people at the track who have ran a bad ET because of driver error/traction/bad 60' say they wasn't coming back to the track because something had to be wrong with the car. That's a bad thing for the sport, just like the internet people want to only look at cars that make 700-1000hp and anything less is boring and no fun. Sorry to go on a small rant but the dude with the Z06 in the vid will figure it out if he sticks with it and throws a set of drag radials on some spare wheels.

I dont know if this was toward me or not but I agree with you but every time I see a video from that you tube account it shows some sort of American car running that absolute worst times for that kind of car.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
12 second 650 hp car?
The ones I've toyed with seem a little quicker... I don't get why people post videos of cars having shitty runs like user error makes some point about the car's performance. :bored:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
The Vette is not set up for drag racing. It's possible the driver, like myself, is a novice at the track. Then again this is SVTP, everyone here is a professional drag racer..

whiplash920

Established Member

very well said...too many pros out there...love how people watch and bitch....bitches.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I dont know if this was toward me or not but I agree with you but every time I see a video from that you tube account it shows some sort of American car running that absolute worst times for that kind of car.

No it wasn't pointed at anyone directly at all. Just a small rant, it's amazing how much you can learn and et/speed you can gain just by getting seat time.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread