C6z06 vs GT500 story time

gearhead08

Established Member
I honestly have not posted in a while and have so many kill stories it would fill this whole damn forum up. So I have decided to pick my favorite one. A little backstory. I had my mods in my signature put on about a year and half ago. My car made 668rwhp at 16.1 psi and 22 degrees of timing on a Mustang dyno. At that time there is a guy I knew that just bought a cam only c6z06(no numbers). Not a fan of him at all at the time. We got into a pissing match on social media like how most things start now a days. He has never been "beaten" by a Mustang yada yada talking mad shit to a buddy of mine about his terminator because my buddy wouldn't race him (personal reasons his car is just as fast as mine if not faster), which in turn had me talking shit to him and Wala.... We now have a race... the never beaten C6Z06 vs Heavy Betty. We ended up meeting up and did a 50 roll. We left identically off the third honk. The only difference was my 3.73 gears and 680rwtq put me a good half car ahead almost instantly. I kept pulling and had about a car and a half to two cars on him at the top of 4th. It was glorious, we all met up at a gas station and nothing was said. He took the loss like a man. You could see though there was a little bit of disgust in the way it all went down, so I was for sure this was not the end of it. I would say a couple weeks after our run his motor dropped a valve or something else happened because he built it. He installed a bigger cam, ported Mast Heads. Kooks long tube headers, bigger throttlebody, AirForce intake, and put down 570rwhp. Why I watched the build happen I knew he was going to call me out and smoke me none the less now. It took about a month for him to have everything together. During this time on a weekend I took it upon myself to give the shelby a nice detail. She looked good after it was all said and done, but one big thing was really sticking out to me. It was the JLT Filter. It was NASTY absolutely nasty. I said F it and just ordered a new one. The new filter arrived a few days later and I installed it. I figured I would take the car for a spin and see how she runs. Well.... it ran like friggen crap (at this point I now know why it only made 16lbs of boost on a 2.4 pulley). It was so lean I had to get the tune adjusted. I had the tune adjusted, it ran perfectly and...... picked up some decent power haha. I have no clue how much power it picked up or anything I just hoped it was enough to hang with the new build on the C6Z06. I was the first person to be called out by this 570rwhp c6z06. I still felt that I might not have enough but for the sake of racing and not being a little bitch I decided to run him. There was some crazy tension going down between this run so I wanted to give my two ton snake as much advantage as possible. I went there with about a half of tank of E85 for a little weight reduction and I WOT shifted the gears (whether it helped or not I have no clue). We have to do an even higher roll this time because he breaks traction easily. So we ended up doing a 55 roll. He honked it off and again we left dang near identically clean run like before. Except... He was at my door. You could hear that LS7 Screaming as he gave that car hell. At the top of 2nd I actually pulled a half of fender on him. (Only reason I know this is because of the video I saw later) I WOT shifted to third and started edging him out which I could so faintly see his lights get less bright. At this point I had so much adrenaline pumping through me it was rediculous. I came to the realization I was ahead of his car at this time and the win was very possible. I WOT shifted again at the top of third. I had maybe a car on him at this point. I ran out 4th and ended up keeping around 1 car lead. Again.. It was glorious. We met at the gas station as usual and the guy didn't even make eye contact with me. He now has the look in his eyes of "what the hell was that?". Later on in the night we shook hands and he took the loss very well and complimented me on my car. We actually made sort of amends and talk every now and again without being at each others throats. He just messaged me the other day about running again... My car is up on jack stands at the moment for a lower pulley full exhaust and fuel upgrades. He does not know this. Whether I win or lose I will post the next story. I hope you enjoyed the read. Toodles.

Last edited:

Jmurrz

Established Member
Really enjoyed the read, love hearing about C6z kills. I have a lot of respect for them. Sounds like you will have a little something for him next time too!

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Great runs and story. Actually appreciated the well spoken tone and a dose of humility. Damn, your car and story makes me wish I went with the 08 Shelby instead of my 14 coyote. Crazy power and torque out of those 5.4's. Good luck on next run! ;)

Rios302

Established Member
c7 Z06 is a monster all on its own. It sounds like you have one mean Shelby, nice kill!

SS EATR

Established Member
Nice kill, those c6zs are no slouch. I ran one making 580whp with my old whipple cobra and we stayed side by side from 50-130 but that was only because he still had the factory run flats on it.

Fastfords

Established Member
Sounds like you drug back down to reality.:dw: Everyone loses.. Just wondering, what year/color is the Z he bought.?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
LOL at the dropped valve. Those LS7 engines aren't durable worth a crap.

He sounds like a teenager who's new to the game. There's always someone with more of any or all of the three Ms. Money, Means, Motivation. No need to get butt-hurt over a loss as there's a healthy aftermarket for every car under the sun these days.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
570rwhp is a little low for a fully worked over c6z. I made 580 with only a mild cam, exhaust, and milled/ported stock heads. Good kill though. If he has a built motor he needs to add a 150 shot.

gearhead08

Established Member
Really enjoyed the read, love hearing about C6z kills. I have a lot of respect for them. Sounds like you will have a little something for him next time too!

Thanks! I hope I do unless he throws a big shot on there haha. I absolutely love c6Z06s I will have one someday for sure.

Great runs and story. Actually appreciated the well spoken tone and a dose of humility. Damn, your car and story makes me wish I went with the 08 Shelby instead of my 14 coyote. Crazy power and torque out of those 5.4's. Good luck on next run! ;)

Hey bro nothing wrong with a 5.0! You can make them equally as nasty with octane and boost. They are a lot lighter so they do even better depending on their setups.

c7 Z06 is a monster all on its own. It sounds like you have one mean Shelby, nice kill!

Thanks! She does fairly decent. I have not beaten a c7 z06 yet, but someday.

Nice kill, those c6zs are no slouch. I ran one making 580whp with my old whipple cobra and we stayed side by side from 50-130 but that was only because he still had the factory run flats on it.

Yep. They are some nasty beasts I like them a lot. I am still surprised my car did what it did against him.

A TvS powered GT500 is a serious machine.

Thanks! She is a torquey little girl thats for sure.

Sounds like you drug back down to reality.:dw: Everyone loses.. Just wondering, what year/color is the Z he bought.?

Not sure what year it is, but I think its like a dark bluish-gray.

He sounds like a teenager who's new to the game. There's always someone with more of any or all of the three Ms. Money, Means, Motivation. No need to get butt-hurt over a loss as there's a healthy aftermarket for every car under the sun these days.

Hes not new to the game he has had Mustangs in the past, even a supercharged 5.0. So I could see how we would feel this because his corvette was fast than those. Yes though there is always someone faster. I have had my ass handed to me by many other cars before. Usually like stated whoever has the deepest pockets wins. Mine arn't very deep so It has taken me 6 years to get my car where its at.

570rwhp is a little low for a fully worked over c6z. I made 580 with only a mild cam, exhaust, and milled/ported stock heads. Good kill though. If he has a built motor he needs to add a 150 shot.

I agree I was expecting him to be lower 600s. He made those numbers on crap 91 arizona octane though. So in and of itself its kind of impressive. I think if he had a 100 octane tune I would of bee demolished.

Tvs doin work!~!!!

Thanks!

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member

All depends on the dyno (which I know you already know that). I made 551 (91 octane) with a lethal cam, kooks longtubes, Halltech FG102, NW102TB, Fast 102MM intake, and WCCH stage 2 heads. Tuned by Dr. Phil and all were impressed with the numbers on THAT dyno. Only Z to dyno higher was Jason's (Katech) with a built motor and running E-85.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Damn good story and an even better kill. Two authentically fast cars going at it.

J_Roc

Established Member
Had actually been considering a C6 Z06 recently. Maybe I should just keep what I have and add more ponies lol

Hybbs

Established Member

I couldn't agree more. I have a "warmed up" 04 Cobra. By no means is it a world beater. Fun to drive, and makes 450 wheel hp. There are probably a hundred cars in the area, imports and domestics, 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder, with lots of aftermarket in them that would beat the brakes off me. I could care less if they are faster because my car still turns more heads... 03-04 Terminators are still the best looking Mustangs (IMO) ever built.

Users who are viewing this thread