C6Z06 or 03 Cobra...What Say The Experts?

Which Would You Rather Own? C6Z06 or 03 Cobra?

• 03 Cobra

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • C6 Z06

Votes: 96 77.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick03Vert

Banned
Well I'm bored at work and thought I would get some feedback on something that recently has come up here at work:

Our dealership recently (one week ago) took in an Atomic Orange 2007 C6Z06. 15k miles, super mint...no mods. Seems totally unmolested.

The thing is, ever since we took it in everyone has been waiting for me to trade the Cobra and pick it up. Now, I love the C6Z, I'm not saying anything negative about that car at all, and I would LOVE to own one. However, in my mind, the Cobra still edges it out as the car I would more like to own. Just because, for me, I've always wanted one, I've lost two in the past, and this is the first coupe I've ever had.....and since this is 2013, short of paying cash this is most likely the last shot I have at owning a Cobra.

So, I am openly admitting my bias towards my car here. But having to walk past the Z06 every day for the past week has made me wonder: Who would make that trade if they were in my shoes?

I'm sure this has probably been covered before, as most topics have, and if so, I apologize. But it's cold and raining here at work, I'm half asleep, and it seemed like it might make for a good discussion.

The price on the Z06 is $45k. My price would be around $40k.

So....what say team SVTP? :beer:

*Additional info: Car would be weekend driver only, I'm 6'8" but do fit in both, '03 Cobra is a 10th coupe with just under 19k all-original miles. All posts in this thread are greatly appreciated. It's always nice to get responses from the people in the know.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Drive the Chevy for a couple days and get back to us. In the end it is about what you desire. That is too subjective for me to fully address.

slow06

Established Member
Keep the cobra, I regret selling mine every day. I picked up a new 5.0 but it is not the same. It might be harder to get a cobra later on down the road if you traded it in.

Sick03Vert

Banned
If you have another DD, I would take the C6Z hands down.

I forgot to mention that yes, the car would be like my Cobra...a weekend driver only.:beer:

Drive the Chevy for a couple days and get back to us. In the end it is about what you desire. That is too subjective for me to fully address.

I understand Dale and thank you for your post. :beer:

Something else I should add is that I don't do road courses....so the handling capabilities of the Z06 would never really be fully utilized.

But...it is a beautiful car.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Keep the cobra, I regret selling mine every day. I picked up a new 5.0 but it is not the same. It might be harder to get a cobra later on down the road if you traded it in.

This is exactly what I am thinking.

My '03 10th right now has just under 19k miles on it. There's no way I will find another exact one down the road with those kind of miles and only one owner.

The Z06 has already had 3 owners.

Yeah, it may sound like I'm dogging on the Z, but as I openly admitted I do love my Cobra.

The 5.0 is a nice car for sure. Enjoy it. And thank you for your post. :beer::rockon:

MGC

Established Member
I think this forum will surprise you how much love there is for a C6Z on here... I love cobra's, always have and always will but the Z is hands down the faster and better car. I want to park a Z next to my cobras someday.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I think this forum will surprise you how much love there is for a C6Z on here... I love cobra's, always have and always will but the Z is hands down the faster and better car. I want to park a Z next to my cobras someday.

And I think you are right. As you should be.....the Z is an amazing car.

I wish I could have both...that would rock. Maybe someday.

Thanks very much for posting! :beer:

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I own both and I can honestly say if I had to give one up it would be the C6Z. The C6Z is the better car without question, but there is just something about a terminator no corvette can replace!

Sick03Vert

Banned
I own both and I can honestly say if I had to give one up it would be the C6Z. The C6Z is the better car without question, but there is just something about a terminator no corvette can replace!

Thank you for posting. :beer:

That's my fear...we all know both of those cars are awesome.

The question is whether or not the Z06 can be as fun to drive, as wild and crazy, as...for lack of a better word...violent, as the Cobra? And if not, would you regret the trade?

It's a very tough call for me...but I think I would wind up missing my Cobra and be unable to ever get it back.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would also opt to keep the 10th anniv cobra, low mile examples are getting harder to find..GM has made a ton of C6Zs from 06-13 and given the nature of most owners, it should not be too hard to find a low mile unmolested one down the road...

04svtterm

Established Member
Dude! what are you waiting for?!?!? as much as i love the Terminator, i would take C6Z06 over it anyday. Specially if it'll be your weekend driver.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I would also opt to keep the 10th anniv cobra, low mile examples are getting harder to find..GM has made a ton of C6Zs from 06-13 and given the nature of most owners, it should not be too hard to find a low mile unmolested one down the road...

I too think that since most Vettes end up as garage queens, there should be examples floating around a few years down the line that have low miles. The Cobras? Meh....not so much. Though I do intend to drive mine and have fun with it. I just don't track it or anything.

Thanks for posting! :beer:

Dude! what are you waiting for?!?!? as much as i love the Terminator, i would take C6Z06 over it anyday. Specially if it'll be your weekend driver.

Yeah I have heard that a lot here. Of course, we are a GM dealer so....;-)

I don't know. I know it's the faster car. I'm sure it handles better. It's got nav, heated seats, etc. But that's almost my problem with it: It starts to feel a little too much like a luxury touring car.

It's hard to find a bare bones, big engine car. That is my preference. But it is super hard to say no when the car in question is a C6Z. Not easy at all.

Thanks for posting! :beer:

lucheski

Established Member
The Z and Cobra are not in the same class. The Z is going to be a more refined car, with smoother power delivery, better handling and brakes. It might not feel as fast even though it is. It def will not feel has visceral as the Cobra. Do the Z if you can afford two toy cars. I could not give up my Cobra for a Vette even though I could afford the Z by it-self. Just because the Cobra provides a more exciting experience. I had fun dragging a C6Z06 down the highway a couple months back

Last edited:

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
C6Z > 03/04 Cobra = C5Z

I had an 02 Z06 and 03 Cobra. Both cars were on par with each other with fun factor but C6Z truly is on a whole new level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread