C6Z06 Bone-Stock on Stock Tires--11.34 at 127.13

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I think a man by the name Jrod actually has the fastest C5 Z @ ~11.6-7, but he is right there.
You are correct. Ranger had the fastest stock C5 Z06 et but JRod later better it. They both are great drivers for sure.

03blwn281

Got 500rwhp?
Established Member
I'm glad you can spent that much for a car and go that fast.,.....But I'll stick to my COBRA and a few mods and go mid 11's top up or down!!!!!!!!!!

30th T/A

Established Member
560Sl said:
I like the C6Z06 and all, but it's like the AMS Evo...tired of hearing about it.

i agree with this guy. i see more talk about the C6 z06 here than i do anywhere else...including the zo6 site!....ok well maybe not there...but everywhere else!

NXGHOST

Established Member
What a kick in the nuts! I have many bolt on/s gears, suspension and a small shot of Nitrous on my 96 Cobra. Its a real quick street car 12.50@110MPH on drag radials. To think I have to look out for a bone stock car sucks! LOL. Street drags will never be the same!

TC101

Established Member
DBK said:
Ranger is far, far, far, far, far, far, far outside the norm of what most people will be capable of with the new Z06, or any car for that matter. He gets ridiculously good times because he makes it a science.

We're talking about a guy who put 250+ passes on his C5 Z06 with detailed notes and techniques in efforts to ring out every last ounce of capability. 250! Needless to say, he knows what he's doing. I believe his best in his C5 Z06 was somewhere in the range of a very low 11.7X. 11.5xs on DR's I think. That's a good half second faster than the average C5 Z driver on 100% stock form, and that's being extremely generous. I've taken my Z06 to plenty of Corvette events with my Z06 buddies, and the fastest I've ever seen a BONE stock Z go was 12.30's. Remember, I said average.

So yes, it is very, very impressive and proves that in the right hands, on the right day, the car is capable of serious times. But I'll kick any fanboys who say "the C6 Z06 is a 11.2 car bone stock!" in the dick because quite simply, it is not. It's about an 11.6 - 11.7 car with a pretty good driver, and 11.5s with a great driver on a great track. In stock form.

It's only an 11.3x car with a number of people small enough I can count them on one hand....

:thumbsup:

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
I'm a former LS1 person but just got into a 04 Cobra and one thing I have learned is that a lot of mustang owners are complete tools. Any of the other forums that i frequent there would of been nothing but praise and good job but here... not the case.

Just like the 18 page thread about the Supra running the standing mile, thread is full of idiots saying it wasn't impressive.

silvercoffin

Established Member
uhhh

I dont think only people on the net are full of BS...although they often are. My experience has been for many people to say they are bone stock at the track when in fact they are far from it.

I dont believe that was really acheived bone stock. I have seen very few new Vettes run but thats just way to far off from what I have seen and what the magazines say it should run. While I am the first to critisize the magazines ETs they cant be that far off.

AND Stock tires? theres no way... maybe he meant MT drag radials. Some people still consider that stock... or after market air boxes CAIs (which added 30hp for me with the tune ) stock.

I had a guy in a WHite 03 cobra tell me he was cutting his 1.50 60 fts and running 11.2 on a stock IRS and just a ported blower. A year later I found that was BS.. lol and all this time I have been beating the hell out of my car trying to cut a better 60ft!

AS ALWAYS>> BRING IT ON! if you are anywhere near Engslishtown, NJ lets race! NO pinks hehe...but Ill race for beer! hehe...or just so we can post a video of it online!

If I am totally wrong about you... then congrats on an awesome car and time!

silvercoffin

Established Member

ATCO? then you are close. Lets race!

I still dont believe you are stock! lol

I don't have that much competition when I go to etown.. I dont know where are these fast EVOS and SUbarus are. There arent many vettes at etown either.

silvercoffin

Established Member

oh yeah...another common "stock" scam is reflashing the computer! Thats the best one because no one can prove anything!

Thats my guess for this car.

Again if the owner is reading I dont mean any disrespect. Im sure you know how full of SSSS many people are so dont take my comments personally.

but lets race!

Formula51

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
oh yeah...another common "stock" scam is reflashing the computer! Thats the best one because no one can prove anything!

Again if the owner is reading I dont mean any disrespect. Im sure you know how full of SSSS many people are so dont take my comments personally.

but lets race!

You are such an ignorant little man. If you don't run 11.5 or better, you will lose. Ranger is not a liar and is VERY consistant.

He has already gone 11.2x with nothing but drag radials and his goal is 10.9x My money says he will make it, but it will take perfect conditions.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
silvercoffin said:

but lets race!

Don't be a hater. He is an exceptional driver who scientifically and systematically refines every aspect of a 1/4 mile run, not some average weekend drag racer.

Ranger even addresses the whole TM situation by allowing the car to experience just the right amount of wheel spin to keep the TM from cutting power.

If he ran 11.70's in a bone stock ~360rwhp C5 Z, which other people have done as well, how can you not believe with ~90rwhp more and bigger tires he can't shave off .4 more?

Your car makes 470rwhp @ ~3650# and ran a best 11.40 @ 121 with d/r. He only makes 10-20rwhp less than you but weighs 500# less. He is carrying almost 1# per hp less than you.

Flat out, he will beat you. You can live in denial world all you want, but the facts are, his stock times are faster than you modded times. Give him just d/r and it'll be much worse.

There is alwys someone faster.

Last edited:

tv's 03

Established Member
Viper92204 said:
i just wish i could have a C6 Z06 :(

Sure me too! But I would take the new viper over it anyday...its just better looking and probably has more overall hp potential

2k1cobra

Established Member
Fast car but i think this site should be changed to svt-zo6-performance.com :thumbsup: :lol:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Numerous magazines have tested the new Z at 11.5 Do you think that the magazines have the best drivers in the world. Well if you think that you are foolin yourself. Of course when g.m. rates the car its going to put a median time that is attainable by average to above average drag racers. That is how all companies are. If they posted the absolute fastest time they would have lots of pissed off people saying it's almost impossible to obtain. Ranger is to drag racing what steroids are to track athletes. All the haters can go and race him for themselves but he is the real deal PERIOD. Put ranger in a GT500 he would prolly crack 11's on stock tires.

Why all the jealousy? I mean if it was the shelby there wouldnt be all the whinning around here would it. So what its not a cobra, your also not likely to see it happen unless your in the right area. That is a serious milestone. So what, the bugatti veyron will beat it maybe another car here or there (enzo maybe if Ranger was driving). You would think people would be happy for someone. /some of you guys can act like real girls sometimes, need to check your panties and see where the balls went, go get some mods and make sure he doesnt beat you with a stock Z

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread