c6z vs 13 5.0

Riptide

Established Member
A 5 year old GT for reference....Your Blue Book® Value: 2009 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe: Private Party Value: Good Condition:$13,697, Fair Condition: $12,297

Trade in is much less.

And it will be Less with any mods. Oh noes......:idea:
You funny guy :lol:

Not sure what mileage your using but kbb shows me 14,655 in good condition with 40k miles.

I just sold an 06GT private party with 28K on it for 17,000. And that was in two weeks. Probably could've got more if I had been more patient. BTW it had a blower and boltons. I also had a dealer offer me 14,500 to buy it outright.

EL OH EL

You want to get good money for a car you send all the twits who quote edmunds TMV packing. I had tons of lowballers and a few quoted that bullcrap. Let them find some sucker because he's not me.

"dumb enough" to buy a weak ass 3v eh this guy is a real piece of work.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
You funny guy :lol:

Not sure what mileage your using but kbb shows me 14,655 in good condition with 40k miles.

I just sold an 06GT private party with 28K on it for 17,000. And that was in two weeks. Probably could've got more if I had been more patient. BTW it had a blower and boltons. I also had a dealer offer me 14,500 to buy it outright.

EL OH EL

You want to get good money for a car you send all the twits who quote edmunds TMV packing. I had tons of lowballers and a few quoted that bullcrap. Let them find some sucker because he's not me.

"dumb enough" to buy a weak ass 3v eh this guy is a real piece of work.

X2.

Weird thing is, my 05 with 69000 miles (actually has 68,002) is worth Between $16,798 (excellent condition) and on the low side $14,508 (Fair)

However, my car is a lot closer to good/very good which is between $15,868 (Good) and $16,268 (Very Good)

Trade in Value even with me taking off what most dealers do is around low-mid 12K.

My almost 9 year old car is still worth something and to me that is a decent amount of change considering the age and miles.

Hello, my 07 GT with 60K miles got 15K trade in a year ago! TRADE IN FROM A DEALER! So, how are these cars worthless?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
X2.

Weird thing is, my 05 with 69000 miles (actually has 68,002) is worth Between $16,798 (excellent condition) and on the low side $14,508 (Fair)

However, my car is a lot closer to good/very good which is between $15,868 (Good) and $16,268 (Very Good)

Trade in Value even with me taking off what most dealers do is around low-mid 12K.

My almost 9 year old car is still worth something and to me that is a decent amount of change considering the age and miles.

Hello, my 07 GT with 60K miles got 15K trade in a year ago! TRADE IN FROM A DEALER! So, how are these cars worthless?

Don't mean to take away from your car or anything, but trade in values don't really mean shit.

I bought a '11 Silverado new for $24,500. I traded it in less than a year later with 12,000 miles for $27k. It's a numbers game. They might give you more for your trade but less off the vehicle price, or vise-versa, as long as they're making their profit on the vehicle, they could give you $150k on a trade in and sell the vehicle for $155k. Or give you nothing for your trade in and sell you that same said car for $5k. I didn't take any money off the car I bought when I traded my truck in. I just worked the difference between the two and that's how they marked it down.

Vettes depreciate faster because a lot of people like buying them new. However, the C6 Z will have a bottom line of $35k after 10-12 years of being out. Mark my word, they won't go any less than that. Why? Because they're an awesome car and people still want them.

blackvette101

Established Member
I know i'm late here...didn't see this post.

Nice boss FYI except the wheels aren't so much my cup of tea.

Let me just play devils advocate for a minute.... People were just talking all high and mighty of how wonderful C6Z's held their value.... you mean to tell me they can be had for ~40k ? Hmmm, basically a 50% value drop in the life of a loan ? That seems pretty garbage to me.

I can tell you that most decent mileage Terminators are still going for 20's mach's are in the 16-17k range and they're 11 years old. 50% of what I paid for my car(new) would be $13,800 You really think in 5-6 years that's what they'll be selling for ? I highly doubt it.

Not sure what mods are done to your boss. But, as far as how fast it is straight line, I can pretty much tell you with those heavy ass wheels stock for stock a 5.0 would likely beat you. As far as power is concerned Boss really isn't that much of a difference with the exception of it'll handle more once you start going FI. But in terms of staying NA. it's basically the same thing.

Handling and Looking Bad ass it certainly gets the win there :)

thank you. Yes the wheels are very flashy to get attention for my business. They wouldn't be my choice if it wasn't a company vehicle. I'm not sure what you think normal depreciation on a car is but usually its 50-60% on all but a very few cars. Terminators are one example supras and Jeep rubicon's are others. I buy all my cars used with low mileage for this reason. Blue book values don't mean squat. Everytime i've traded a car in the dealer offered me below blue book fair price no matter the condition. They got to make money too. And if the car you want is something they know they can sell then they are not going to budge. A buddy of mine yesterday tried to change in his 07 F250 for a 2010 shelby. Blue book was 31k they offered 25k and if he didn't like it too bad they knew the car would sell.

My Z06 stickered at 84k I got it for 48k with 14k miles.
My GT500 stickered at 53k I got it for 31k with 19k miles.
You can find Z06's with 30k miles in the high 30's
You want to see depreciation buy a low mileage mercedes out of warranty.
You can pick up decent mileage AMG mercedes in the teens. One of my mom's cars is a 2008 CL65 AMG. It stickered for 228k she got it for 71k with 29k miles. Cars depreciate greatly unless you buy them slightly used and drive them very little. It's the facts of life. If you think a mustang GT is any different your in for a rude surprise when the new hot model comes out and everyone dumps the old one on the market.

A mustang GT that stickers in the 30's will be worth in the mid to high teens. ESPECIALLY when the new direct injected coyote comes out.

Anyways for your info the wheel weights as follows:
GT brembo wheels 34 pounds each
OEM Boss wheels 32 F 37 R pounds respectively
Aftermarket TIS wheels 34 F 40 R respectively

The weight difference is negligable and and stock for stock the 5.0 is not faster then the BOSS in a straight line. I'm not sure who told you there was no difference to the engine. The BOSS comes with bigger camshafts, higher flowing CNC'd heads, different valve springs w/ lightweight valvetrain and beefed up internals, an oil cooler and new oil pan so it can and the boss manifold they usually dyno 20-30 rwhp higher stock. Stock the BOSS was dead even from a roll with my shop managers 2013 GT at the time it had intake, tune, X-pipe, axleback.

All my employees drive 5.0s we campaign them all at the local track and from what I have seen their times are inline with what everyone else does.

Stock GT run in the low 13- high 12 area at around 110-111 mph.

My BOSS with intake, tune, gutted cats on 305/35/30 nitto NT555R radials was running mid 12's at 114-115

My shop GM 13 GT that has intake, tune, headers, BOSS mani, axle back on 285/40/18 nitto NT05R was running very low 12's with a couple high 11's at 117 mph.

My bro's old supercharged 11 GT was just squeeking into the 10's at 128 mph trap speed on 315/40/18 Nitto NT05R.

And btw he totaled that car when he broke a c-clip on the first to second shift putting all that power through the stock axle. It lasted awhile boosted and actually racing a lot. And insurance doesn't cover crashes at the track. Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick two.

This seems to be the norm at our local track. Never seen an All motor coyote in the 10's in person most have trouble doing 11's. Sure it's been done but it's not the norm around here.

For reference My Z06 ran 11.68 at 122 stock on 345/30/19 nitto invo street tire.

So yeah their are 5.0's that defy the odds at very good tracks well it just so happens other cars perform very good at those same tracks on those days. But compare hero runs to average runs at other tracks is delusional at best.

Last edited:

5pnt0

Established Member
Lots of full retard in this thread. Internet badasses. Anyone have anything better to do than this?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Don't mean to take away from your car or anything, but trade in values don't really mean shit.

I bought a '11 Silverado new for $24,500. I traded it in less than a year later with 12,000 miles for $27k. It's a numbers game. They might give you more for your trade but less off the vehicle price, or vise-versa, as long as they're making their profit on the vehicle, they could give you $150k on a trade in and sell the vehicle for $155k. Or give you nothing for your trade in and sell you that same said car for $5k. I didn't take any money off the car I bought when I traded my truck in. I just worked the difference between the two and that's how they marked it down.

Vettes depreciate faster because a lot of people like buying them new. However, the C6 Z will have a bottom line of $35k after 10-12 years of being out. Mark my word, they won't go any less than that. Why? Because they're an awesome car and people still want them.

I know what you are saying man.

When we traded the 07 GT in last year KBB valued it at $15,800 at a dealer and we got 15K without negotiation.

Usually you take the value and knock off 1-2K and that is most likely what you will get (In a fair amount of cases)

To me, that was a pretty fair deal considering the car was in an accident (However otherwise in Flawless condition) with every option included a blower with all of the documents. They in turn sold it for 19K and made a decent penny on it and we bought the wife a Volt.

Most 40-50K mile 5.0's in the Chicagoland area are going for low 20's which is sad for a 2-3 year old car loaded with options that was nearly 40K new. I blame that on Ford as there are so damn many of them. I hardly see 05-09 GT's around. They are now all 2010 due to the new style or 5.0's. (No pun intended here, just pointing out what I see around Chicagoland in my daily ventures)

Awesome Z BTW man. If I can find one with low miles for a good price I will make an exception to buying another used car, haha.

blackvette101

Established Member
Lots of full retard in this thread. Internet badasses. Anyone have anything better to do than this?

You really think anybody cares about your opinion of what we do with our time and why do you care what we do with our time. People discuss and debate cars on a car forum. People shouldn't be taking it personal its just friendly debate. Your the one that sounds like an E-badass getting butthurt and trying to insult people over the internet. You don't like debate go back to the 2011-14 section and circle jerk each other over 450 rwhp like its the second coming of jesus.

blackvette101

Established Member

this. C5 Z06's are still in the low to mid 20's. They hit about 50% original MSRP and they flatline. Ever look at the price on a new edge GT. They fell through the floor. They are like 20% MSRP. Higher trim levels of cars retain value better it doesn't take rocket science. When the S550 comes out with a updated direct injected coyote what do you think is going to happen to the 5.0. Like all base GT's they will follow the path of being super hot at first down to the value of almost nothing once its replaced by the new kid on the block after a couple generations because ford cranks out as many GT's as possible and then further dilutes the value with lower models that look almost exactly the same. Hell when the fox body 5.0 came out it stomped the competition. Even the corvette. Look at it now. You can pick up great examples for 3-4 grand. Foxbody cobra is still 10k+

Last edited:

Devil_Z

Established Member
All of my comments were based upon the OP's post which in this case is straight line performance. If we're talking about lap times it's pretty obvious c6z's and gt500's have the upper hand compared to a base non-brembo 5.0. That should have went without saying.

1.) That is entirely true you can make anything run 8's for far less than 30k. I was comparing New Car for New Car.

2.) I'm well aware of all the pro's to a Shelby I'm not saying it isn't worth the money. Believe me if I wouldn't get divorced I'd trade my car in on a GT500 tomorrow. I said you're getting close to bridging the performance gap.

Furthermore, I'm not saying a c6z isn't worth it either. If you possessed the inherit ability to read between the lines without a picture drawn for you in crayons. I stated "I know it's frustrating when your car is always mentioned in kill stories against a car that costs half as much." We've all been there, we've all had our ass handed to us by a pile of shit that has about 5 grand invested in it, at one time or another & if you haven't you don't race enough. It's not like folks go home and cry about it, but it is frustrating. Just like it's frustrating when you come on a forum and constantly see bolt on 5.0 vs Turbo stretched Busa.

3.) Thanks, Captain Obvious. That isn't the debate, handling performance in corners was never a part of this post until you mentioned it.

4.)Call it what you want. It's quite well documented over on the 11-14+ GT forums. I'm sorry you're too dense to go research the facts yourself. Fact of the matter STILL remains based on the OP's events and the reply's that followed. A bolt-on 5.0 most certainly is a worthy (Straight line) candidate for a stock c6z for half the price.

It just gets old seeing people say "Bolt-On 5.0, that doesn't have a chance." or "Racing a Bolt-On 5.0 is a waste of time." for every "inaccurate" story you read, it's followed with and "inaccurate" response. I just think the platform deserves a little bit of love.

I'm well aware of what the cars capabilities are, It's not going to beat a UGR Lambo, or my aforementioned example of a Turbo'd Busa. Everything I've stated is factual.

Deuces.

Seriously? What's the point in comparing their costs? A c6z was never intended for straight line performance. Just because it can do it well, it certainly wasn't it's purpose. They are designed for road courses. That's why they have an IRS not a SRA.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Seriously? What's the point in comparing their costs? A c6z was never intended for straight line performance. Just because it can do it well, it certainly wasn't it's purpose. They are designed for road courses. That's why they have an IRS not a SRA.

Agreed! Vettes are possibly the biggest PITA platform to drag race. Launching them is a bitch and a half... And then wheel hop.

I took my H/C/I/n2o C5 Z to the track on street tires. 2.0 60' and went 11.8 @ 133. It would walk whipped cobras on the street that were running 10's at the track. It was faster than my bolt-on C6 Z too (even though it went 11.4 @ 128).

I tried putting slicks on my C5 Z once and it snapped the drivers side rear axle.

They aren't meant for the 1/4 mile. You can race them, but they aren't properly set up for it in the factory. That's why I bought a stock 02 Formula. Cheaper, easier to work on, better setup for it, and you're not going to want to punch yourself in the face after every pass.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Not exactly a valid argument. If you were dumb enough to buy a weak ass 3V car then you deserve for that to happen to you. Besides Blue Book doesn't really mean jack shit. Insurance companies use NADA and if you decide to let something go on trade in, you have to to know how to play the game most dealers shoot you at black book which is auction price. Unless you're looking at paying sticker price for something.

So Cobras sux? Weak ass 3V's? 07-10 GT500 are not that impressive?

Stock C6Z is mere bolt-ons away for a new 5.0?

Is the 13 GT500 next? Add a little bit of F/I to a 5.0 and they will be crushing the 13 GT500 right?

Amazing the lack of knowledge, experience, and stubbornness shown by most 5.0 owners.

Please ..like 5th Gen Camaro owners, make a 5.0 website.

Will end this bickering and you can discuss your GT's all you want..

but no... you want to come here and post....I understand...I like Cobras too.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
C7>C6Z

Nuff said :)

I think we all can agree with this. The engineering behind it is amazing. I'm curious about the gains with aftermarket parts though and waiting to see what some of these shops will do with them. I still like the looks of the C6 Z more though.

Pot meet kettle.

Riptide

Established Member
No offense intended to you dudes. But I personally wouldn't give a squirt of piss for how much some car guys on an internet forum seem to care about "most 5.0" owners.

I'm probably going to end up with a '14 eventually, throw a paxton on it. Don't really care whether some of my "fellow" owners are dickholes or not. Not my problem. :shrug:

It's not like vette guys here let the "old guy" car stigma stop them from diddly squat. :rolling:

mrlrd1

Established Member
Let me just play devils advocate for a minute.... People were just talking all high and mighty of how wonderful C6Z's held their value.... you mean to tell me they can be had for ~40k ? Hmmm, basically a 50% value drop in the life of a loan ? That seems pretty garbage to me.

A 2011 GT with average mileage can be had for $20-22K anywhere in the country on used car lots. That's almost 30% in 2.5 years. The Z06s you're referencing are 06/07 cars with 50K+ miles and need work. In 2 more years a 2011 GT will RETAIL for $17K. Private party (like the Z06s you reference) will be under $15K.

We recently had a 2012 at my employer's auction. It went to auction because of the Boss intake and long tubes. Premium GT, glass roof, VERY clean car. Only 18K miles. Sold for $17.5K :lol:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
No offense intended to you dudes. But I personally wouldn't give a squirt of piss for how much some car guys on an internet forum seem to care about "most 5.0" owners.

I'm probably going to end up with a '14 eventually, throw a paxton on it. Don't really care whether some of my "fellow" owners are dickholes or not. Not my problem. :shrug:

It's not like vette guys here let the "old guy" car stigma stop them from diddly squat. :rolling:
exactly, refusing to buy a car because of how you think the typical crowd acts is ****ing retarded. to me it sounds like a cop out, ohhhhh 5.0 crowd this, 5.0 crowd that.. lol what a joke!! :kaboom:
i got a 5.0 because its new, no one else has beaten the piss out of it and it doesnt rattle, very proper car for this day and age. i love everything about this car, even though its a lowly GT, im glad these can go fast in the straights and can be taken to a road course.

yes these cars wont be worth anything because it isnt a "collector" car. oh my goodness! :lol: yes i bought this 33k car as an investment.

Poppacapp

Established Member

I think they will bottom out a good bit less than that.. especially when the C7Z comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread