C6Z track times.....impressive

cclark

Established Member
Congrats snotrod, sick car and driving. I asked in a previous thread you posted but how long will that bottom end last with the 150 shot?

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
And they say the GTR is king ...

Man The C6Z's are simply awesome but waiting for the '14 C7Z to come out taking names

61mmstang94

Established Member
And they say the GTR is king ...

Man The C6Z's are simply awesome but waiting for the '14 C7Z to come out taking names

What does this car or this thread have to do with a gtr? Lol

PS - with similar level of modification the R35 has been 9.165 @160 (upgraded power adder, bolt ons, 18" street tires) and its just a little near 4k pound Japanese 6 cylinder car.

This vette is awesome and I love it, but its a lightweight 6.2l (?) with head, cam and manifold work and nitrous. I'd be upset if I set it up and it didnt get into the 9s.

And as a sidenote: my garage needs a Z and an r35. That would be a nice garage to wake up to every day lol.

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
What does this car or this thread have to do with a gtr? Lol

PS - with similar level of modification the R35 has been 9.165 @160 (upgraded power adder, bolt ons, 18" street tires) and its just a little near 4k pound Japanese 6 cylinder car.

This vette is awesome and I love it, but its a lightweight 6.2l (?) with head, cam and manifold work and nitrous. I'd be upset if I set it up and it didnt get into the 9s.

And as a sidenote: my garage needs a Z and an r35. That would be a nice garage to wake up to every day lol.

We got it! Also the Z06 is a 7.0L not a 6.2L.

Seriously though people don't turn this thread into a GT-R vs Z06 thread. Both are awesome cars no doubt.

I may be ordering a Z06 alongside my GT-R soon. Either that or an M5.....

SnotRod

Established Member
At the TX2K event I went through almost 2 bottles in one night! The tune is the most important thing on a nitrous car. I think I went through a total of 4 or 5 bottle that weekend

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Where the gtr peeps at... Lol

Right here. Only I have a h/c/I/e c6z too. Totally different cars. The driver and track prep are obviously top notch in this video. I'm not nearly as skilled with my vette. The track near me has crappy prep. I don't know if I'd be able to hit 10's routinely, and worry about losing it with an expensive car.

The gtr runs 10's---anytime, anywhere, with anyone driving. It's easy to make most of street driven cars at the track look slow, and mine's a true daily driver, even in Wisconsin winters. The vette is nice to take on the freeway and look for cars to rundown. From 60mph on up, my vette would dominate the gtr. People shouldn't keep a closed mind. You miss out on some sweet cars. Back to the thread at hand. Great setup and great driving

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
He goes through 2-3 bottles every couple weeks lol. IF the tune is good it will last forever

Seems like at that rate a blower at low boost would be cheaper in the long run, no? I don't know the price of nitrous refills though. I seem to recall something about blowers and stock bottom end LS7s being a recipe for disaster also though. Either way awesome car. That MPH made me :eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread