C6Z 506rwhp Vs 2013 GT500 630rwhp

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Answer to your problems and yes they dont hook up for crap 662hp/600rwhp on a 9.5 inch rim wont hook up i dont care who is driving it . I dont think it's unfare to comapre these to cars thats what racing is about anyways ,ones heavier ,ones lighter .427 vs 351 S . Keep in mind the heavier one is forced induction while the lighter one is NA Big cube .Sounds fare to me .I never had any issues racing Z06 and i havent lost yet ,if anybody in the San Antonio area wants to try to change that let me know ,as long as it doesnt have a parachute on the back i wont bitch lol .
20130227_133045_zps218b501d.jpg

oh snap bet the big bad gt500 killer wont step up

SIC_C6

NoobStick
Established Member
did anyone else notice this reply on the 3rd video? I found it hilarious...

"his supercharger probly isnt even bosting do to its a brand new car and it has to go threw a break in period and the supercharger wont build boost till about a 1000 miles"

images

:d:d:d

AWD75

Banned
did anyone else notice this reply on the 3rd video? I found it hilarious...

"his supercharger probly isnt even bosting do to its a brand new car and it has to go threw a break in period and the supercharger wont build boost till about a 1000 miles"

There's a boost limiter for the first 40-50 miles of the car but that doesn't apply to me since my car's at 25xx miles...

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
Answer to your problems and yes they dont hook up for crap 662hp/600rwhp on a 9.5 inch rim wont hook up i dont care who is driving it . I dont think it's unfare to comapre these to cars thats what racing is about anyways ,ones heavier ,ones lighter .427 vs 351 S . Keep in mind the heavier one is forced induction while the lighter one is NA Big cube .Sounds fare to me .I never had any issues racing Z06 and i havent lost yet ,if anybody in the San Antonio area wants to try to change that let me know ,as long as it doesnt have a parachute on the back i wont bitch lol .
20130227_133045_zps218b501d.jpg

What are you making for power?

jleews6

Established Member
c'mon though, 630rwhp and 507rwhp.....Given the GT500 is almost nearly 1000lbs heavier maybe, that is still almost 120rwhp difference. That race looked like that was a stock 13 GT500 at best slipping away from the grasp of the vette. 580rwhp GT500 makes more sense to me. I hate bench racing...but something is off about this race.

I agree and trust me I wasnt saying anything negative toward the Shelby because like I said, They are impressive cars. All I was saying is that the LS7 even though its 5 years old now is still a very impressive engine. The Shelby at 15 pounds still isnt making the HP per inch that this bolt on LS7 did.
I know all about the other stuff (weight,gearing ECT.) I was drag racing when most on this site were still riding around on a powerwheels car.:lol:

Again,both impressive cars but I just think the the C6 Z is still an all around impressive package thats still hard to beat. Even in todays times of 70 thousand dollar Mustangs.:eek:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Let me guess you want my attorney to call your attorney lol ,you have a Z06 super power shifter ? Lost me on the Big Bad GT500 Killer part if I'm the one with GT500

He was actually talking about the Z in OP's video, but OK...

And for the record, I'd own that GT500 over that Z any day! And no, I'm not a biased fanboy like some here.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I think the GT500 held it's own well on the stock (and notoriously tractionless) tires against a 3000 pound 500+ wheel horsepower car. These 2 cars are in different classes, I love them both and they are both sick cars. For what it is the GT500 is amazing and at the top of it's class while the Z06 is (especially at this power level) delivers supercar performance at a bargain price. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I think the GT500 held it's own well on the stock (and notoriously tractionless) tires against a 3000 pound 500+ wheel horsepower car. Theses 2 cars are in different classes, I love them both and they are both sick cars. For what it is the GT500 is amazing and at the top of it's class while the Z06 is (especially at this power level) delivers supercar performance. Just sayin'.

This x65,000

Poppacapp

Established Member
Both awesome cars. The Vette is sick.. nice... not stock. and if h/c/i is making more than 505rwhp. 13' GT500....stock. A run is a run though.

Now, since the 13' GT500 owner is in here, tire, pulleys, tune.

Run again.

Please post after vid.

Thank you sirs. :beer: :banana:

Poppacapp

Established Member
I agree and trust me I wasnt saying anything negative toward the Shelby because like I said, They are impressive cars. All I was saying is that the LS7 even though its 5 years old now is still a very impressive engine. The Shelby at 15 pounds still isnt making the HP per inch that this bolt on LS7 did.
I know all about the other stuff (weight,gearing ECT.) I was drag racing when most on this site were still riding around on a powerwheels car.:lol:

Again,both impressive cars but I just think the the C6 Z is still an all around impressive package thats still hard to beat. Even in todays times of 70 thousand dollar Mustangs.:eek:

I agree with you that the Z is a very impressive car. It is very lightweight, alot of power, and huge tires out back. If it were NOT this fast, I would be very disappointed. Power to weight is where it's at.

What I find funny, is that the Shelby's seem to be talked about more so in racing with Corvettes now vs. Camaros. Poor wittle 'maros. :bored: :pepper:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Let me guess you want my attorney to call your attorney lol ,you have a Z06 super power shifter ? Lost me on the Big Bad GT500 Killer part if I'm the one with GT500

Uh in GT500 killer comment I was in reference to the Z06 in the video who claimed he killed the GT500 but barely won your in TX and if I am not mistaken the race happened in the DFW area. I assumed since you both were in TX it was a small jab saying you would like to run the Z06 in the video, but I could have been wrong sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread