c6 zo6 vs. ford gt

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
lmfao.

some people need to pull on their ears over there and get their head out of their asses...

Cobra-R

Established Member
Personally I think they will be closer than many people think they will be. The GT has more hp but also weighs quite a bit more. I don't doubt the Z will be quicker and the GT will be faster. The biggest question in my mind will be how they compare in handling.

I would rather have the GT regardless of how they compare, much more "wow" factor with the GT.

Brian

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Yeah, I'll always take the advice of a bunch of dudes in 6 year old, 379rwhp pony cars worth 10k who've never been in a Z06 because it doesn't exist yet, nor a GT which is probably worth more than the homes of every person in that thread...

:rolleyes:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Only a few of those guys had an actual interesting and well thought out opinion. Other than that it made made me feel dumber for reading it. Its a wonder why I don't even waste my time talking to people like that. Both cars are awesome, but I would rather have a Ford GT if I had the money, Just my opinion.

Slow50

Established Member
fordification said:
I read 3 posts and couldn't take it anymore. Those guys give Chevrolet a bad name.

I read one page and i'm done, "i will take vetter over GT any time " what a gay people

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Personaly I think its impossible to tell since the Z06 isnt even out yet. Ford is going to have hell to pay from some people though if the Z06 does outperform it...

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Codes said:
Personaly I think its impossible to tell since the Z06 isnt even out yet. Ford is going to have hell to pay from some people though if the Z06 does outperform it...

You mean dodge will have hell to pay. I've been saying it all week, SRT viper is basically worthless in my eyes if the new Z06 MSRP's for ~70K.

The Ford GT is way underrated; its apparent from comparing it to the Enzo's weight, 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
430 rwhp at 3130 lbs vs 550 rwhp at 3500 lbs...The Z06 wont stand a chance, and this is coming from a C5 Z owner, soon to be a C6 Z06 owner.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The GT will for sure be faster in the strait line than the Z. I will bet however that their lap times will be very close. Wht ever you want to say about a vette being a dime-a-dozen, the old Z was a road coarse monster that turned similar lap times at the "ring" to cars with much more power and mid-engine configurtions. It will be much lighter and will have better brakes than the GT, which is an overlooked advantage in turning fast lap times.

It is pointless to internet argue over which is faster, especially when one is not even out yet.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
The DBK said:
Yeah, I'll always take the advice of a bunch of dudes in 6 year old, 379rwhp pony cars worth 10k who've never been in a Z06 because it doesn't exist yet, nor a GT which is probably worth more than the homes of every person in that thread...

:rolleyes:

Haha, that was the best.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
wow, i am actually a little more stoopider fer reding that shyt... Those particular GM guys need to read before they say some ridiculous shit. My opinion, STFU until they test the cars... i'm tired of speculation and want to know what's going to happen.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
MustangMike said:
wow, i am actually a little more stoopider fer reding that shyt... Those particular GM guys need to read before they say some ridiculous shit. My opinion, STFU until they test the cars... i'm tired of speculation and want to know what's going to happen.
ROFL I felt the same way, I wonder if they all got splinters from the bench racing :beer: :beer:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Posting over there is pointless.

The content in that thread has turned the C6 Z06 into the new internet tough guy. Drop by LS1tech if you need reassurance or some type of reason that the new Z06 is the greatest car EVER made anywhere in the world...even though there are only a handful of prototypes in existence :poke:

95% of the people (read: internet/magazine racers) in that thread need to put down the keyboard, take 2 steps back, turn around, walk away and get a life.

edit: lol, just jumped to the last page and someone linked this thread over there.

Last edited:

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
I dont know wtf that guy was talking about, being hard to see in and all. jay leno who is very highly respected in the car comunity, loves the car. And them being slow is minor, ford chocked the motor to get it out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread