C6 ZO6 vs 03 whipple cobra=ASS WHOPPIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

s/c stang

Established Member
Today while me and my wife heading to my parent I happen to run to a new ZO6. I personally had never seen one on the streets but here is my story. I was crusin down I-10 going about 60mph when suddenly out of the blue this red C6 ZO6 pulls right next to me. As I looked over and saw it was a ZO6 the guy (young) does a RICER flyby and then slows down.This guy was with his G/F I believe cause there was a young lady in the car with him..Well I decide to try to pull up to him and as I do everytime he speeds off like he aint got no sense..Finally I catch to him again and had just enough time to bring it down to 3rd and run my RPM's up. I tried to give him the 3 honk mothod but it seemed he didnt know what was up..Well long story short he guns out and by this time my boost is build up and i suck him up and put a easy 10+ cars on him. I shut my car down and let him try to catch up to me to do it again but I guess he figured that this cobra he was running wasn't his regular bolt on cobra....Funny cause I was thinking about selling my cobra but now I might just keep it :rockon:

twisted03

Established Member
SWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT:beer: CONGRATS on the kill.!!!! i just killed a new z06 not to long ago myself but i didnt beat him by 10 cars, i beat him buy about 1 maybe 1.5 cars until i hit mt speed limiter then he flew by me. your cobra is a beast!!!! what psi you runnin?

dae04383

I say you are full of crap, or he wasnt tryin. i saw a full bolt-on, pullied whipple cobra race a 06 z06 and well it was pretty much even.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
you trolls are halarious........there is no way your Whipple beat lengths on a new z....your lucky to stay even.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
dae04383 said:
I say you are full of crap, or he wasnt tryin. i saw a full bolt-on, pullied whipple cobra race a 06 z06 and well it was pretty much even.

:pop:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Hmmmm, bro, I know you're car is fast but 10 lengths, maybe you put 2 and he shut down, but I don't see ten. That is a full second or more in the 1/4 and which means with your weight disadvantage, you'd have to be putting somethign like 650-700 to the wheels.

Juiced-03

Established Member
10+ cars?? haha

bsflag.gif

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
10 Cars from 60 mph... sounds like he wasnt racing especially from a highway roll if you just pull away like that.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Well long story short he guns out and by this time my boost is build up

You must have got the JDM spec whipple vice the twin scew version.

i know my Kenne Bell give me INSTANT boost

Last edited:

Smokinlx

Established Member
First I would like to say nice kill! I will believe it if You has some timeslips with at least high 130 mph trap's. Have You been to the drag strip yet? Hard to say what really happen's on the street, Did the guy really have a Zo6 or a new vette with Zo6 badges? Did His girlfriend freak out and make Him slow down? miss a gear? Usually after I run someone at the drag strip I can evaluate the timeslip and chat with the other driver to figure out exactly what happened. Not saying that Your race did'nt go down like You said it did, just pointing out that on the street all You have is one side of the story.

crizzut

Established Member
I think 10 cars may be exagerated, but yes 1 pullied whipple can beat out a stock/lightly modified Z. 17#s on the whipple will yield upwards to 600+RWHP

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I don't know what you are pushing, but I would consider my car fairly fast and when I raced a new ZO6 when I was @ 17lbs I pulled about a car and a half so I don't buy the 10 car length claim one bit. Those new ZO6's are no joke.

Either
- He wasn't racing you
- You have 23-25lbs of boost on a built billet motor with a about a 100 shot of nitrous
- Or you are full of it

I haven't raced one since I upped my boost, but I bet I would pull one max 3 maybe 4 cars now with my new numbers and that alone is a lot of car lengths IMO. 10 is just obsurd.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
Terminator = 530 RWHP to stay even with a C6Z06, 600RWHP and BYE BYE. You will pull him, however not by 10 cars.

TEABG

Banned
crizzut said:
I think 10 cars may be exagerated, but yes 1 pullied whipple can beat out a stock/lightly modified Z. 17#s on the whipple will yield upwards to 600+RWHP

Hissmen 589 RWHP 15 PSI Whipple!!! :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread