C6 Z06 750whp vs 800whp Evo

EX1

Established Member
Evos are no joke at this power level. They never seem to hold together very well though.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
100% off topic. Popped in my head after watching this video.

Big power EVOs demonstrate why GT-Rs do damage in these kind of races. Short gearing, AWD and brake boosting.

Stroker with a 35R @ 600whp is ridiculous if driven right. If anyone remembers that infamous AMS 35R / 2.3L EVO that beat a ton of cars. After he went to a 42R his car was faster, but it had so much lag the street manners were horrible.

Have virtually no power till it hit a very tiny powerband then hit the limiter in no time at all.

AMS Built 2.3 GT42R 850 AWHP EVO vs HP Twin 57 Turbo 03 Cobra - YouTube

The EVO is wayyy faster than the Cobra. Theoretically, easily a 150mph+ car.

GT-R with it's far larger motor and sequential fixes all of that. The one in a million record breaking manual turbo imports don't hold shit against consistency.

Good kill, lol.

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member

Big power EVOs demonstrate why GT-Rs do damage in these kind of races. Short gearing, AWD and brake boosting.

Stroker with a 35R @ 600whp is ridiculous if driven right. If anyone remembers that infamous AMS 35R / 2.3L EVO that beat a ton of cars. After he went to a 42R his car was faster, but it had so much lag the street manners were horrible.

Have virtually no power till it hit a very tiny powerband then hit the limiter in no time at all.

GT-R with it's far larger motor and sequential fixes all of that. The one in a million record breaking manual turbo imports don't hold shit against consistency.

Good kill, lol.

I agree with what you are saying, but I would also add having the right turbo in a 4 cyl car like the Evo makes a HUUUUGE difference at 600+whp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyagfFRHS1s

EX1

Established Member
Thanks guys.

The driver of the Evo knows how to keep that turbo spooled on the street.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member

Good kill, lol.

He never really figured out how to make the car work well with the GT42R. On one of those runs he switched it to the 900 hp setting, it shot out hard, but he missed a gear on that one. He never brake boosted or anything. He should have just sprayed the hell out of the GT35R setup lol.

Users who are viewing this thread