C6 w/ cams vs Pullied 03 Cobra

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Well I just raced me a non Z06 C6 w/ cams and exhaust. We went from a 20 cause he was on street tires. The first race he pulled me by a car!! WTF! Next race I power shifted and managed to keep him at my door. Should a cammed C6 run that good against me w/ my mods??(in sig.) I've yanked a couple other local C6 owners around here no problem.

mkscobra01

Banned
well, he has a cam and yes he should run that well. A lighter car with as much hp as you then throw an aggressive cam and tune...idk.

01tahoe

Established Member
cammed ls2's put out anywhere from 415-445rwhp with bolt ons and weigh a lot less so basically yes he could keep up with or beat you

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
rob03svt06 said:
who makes a good set (4) of cams for our cars.. i want that radical idle.

You want to spend $$$ for little gains just for it to lope? :shrug:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Well, chances are, if he has a cam, he also has a CAI, tune and probably exhaust work. Could be putting down 450 to the tires which at his weight advantage it would make it hard for you to keep up.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
sambandit said:
Well, chances are, if he has a cam, he also has a CAI, tune and probably exhaust work. Could be putting down 450 to the tires which at his weight advantage it would make it hard for you to keep up.

+1

no one in their right mind would do a cam and NOTHING else. i'm sure he had intake/exhaust/tune. the outcome you experienced is to be expected with such a light car at that power level. good death though

MikeW

Established Member
I think you done well considering his mods. Plus you dont know what size cams and he may have had head work that you didnt know about. Get a twin screw and do the test over.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
sambandit said:
+1

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Sounds about right. Those LSx's LOVE the cam my friend. I helped a buddy of mine install headers and an aggressive cam in his 2000 SS and the car transformed into a MONSTER......albeit a loud, obnoxious, fuel farting, tractor sounding, catfish looking monster. :D

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
it depends on the cam also now due to modern technology and different cam specs a CAM ONLY LS1 (has less displacement thna the C6) are putting down over 450RWHP

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
97topless snake said:
I think you done well considering his mods. Plus you dont know what size cams and he may have had head work that you didnt know about. Get a twin screw and do the test over.
Well I just finished the Dynotune nitrous kit (wet)!! Waiting on a window switch and a tune. Then i'll give him another call and see how he handles the 100 shot!:rockon:

sikklightning04

sikklightning04
Established Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambandit

+1

+2

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
thats the funniest thing i've read all week. :thumbsup: :pepper:

Rick James said:
Sounds about right. Those LSx's LOVE the cam my friend. I helped a buddy of mine install headers and an aggressive cam in his 2000 SS and the car transformed into a MONSTER......albeit a loud, obnoxious, fuel farting, tractor sounding, catfish looking monster. :D

Users who are viewing this thread