C6 vs GT500

ramstein

Established Member
Driving home from Taco bell I saw a mustang pulling out onto the highway with a thunder-like exhaust note. I got excited thinking that maybe I will have a chance to destroy another bolt on 5.0 in few seconds:rockon:. So I speed up to catch up to him and realize that this is not a mighty 5.0 but the very same GT500 I raced few months back, which I pulled by 2 cars. The guy in the GT500 looks my way with a huge grin on his face and we both know what is about to happen, I downshift to 2nd at 50 and he immediately does the same. I hold up my hand, count off to 3 and we take off at the same time. This time he puts about half a car on me through 2nd, then another half a car through 3rd. Then he shuts down at about 110 with his rear bumper next to my front one. We exchange thumbs up and I turn back around and go home. Cool guy and a sweet looking and sounding white with blue stripes 07-09 GT500. Back few months ago when I encountered him I was stock, had a passenger and still beat him. This time I had mods in my sig but he definitely pulled me so I figure he must have gotten pullied. I love SVT cars and this was definitely a beautiful example for sure. I need a cam now lol

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Cam that bich!!!!!

Theres an 07ish black with red stripes GT500 around my neighborhood with a thunderous exhaust note thats always revving his engine at me, cant wait to run him.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
OP, you need to get some facts straight. Sure, you might take a few bolt on 5.0s, but one day you'll run into a 5.0 that has a BOSS intake and you'll get owned.

ramstein

Established Member
OP, you need to get some facts straight. Sure, you might take a few bolt on 5.0s, but one day you'll run into a 5.0 that has a BOSS intake and you'll get owned.

I can only hope that the ones I run into don't have it installed yet :bowdown:

Boosted Hemi

Established Member

I think I raced one of those this weekend. I only beat him by 3 cars and I did not hear a blower or cams!

Last edited:

jakk127

Established Member
I've got a stock 2010 base C6 right now...trying to decide if I want to throw a TT kit on it or get a 13-14 GT500. Both are around the same cost...I have always wanted a GT500, but I keep seeing stories like this where the weight of the C6 seems to give a pretty decent advantage over cars with more HP. Right now being stock I would expect to lose to any GT500, but maybe I might sort of be able to hang with a stock one from those years if you were able to pull him that much when he was stock with just bolt ons. Someone I know has a 5.0 with 3.73s and bolt ons/tune (boss mani to be installed), and I'm curious as to how bad he will beat me if we run.

HandBanana

Established Member
Yeah, My car needs a driver mod for the track as I can't launch the car for shit. I took it once (first time ever) and ran 12.6 115 with 2.4 second 60ft. Was around 90 degrees that day.

Haha, yeah I'm sure a lot of us could benefit from a driver mod. I ask because I ran a Challenger similar to yours from a 2nd gear roll down the highway heading to Cars N Coffee and I pulled almost immediately on him and held a car to about 130. Talked to dude for awhile, nice older cat. Hope he doesn't get a Hellcat, will not go as well for me then.

Boosted Hemi

Established Member
Haha, yeah I'm sure a lot of us could benefit from a driver mod. I ask because I ran a Challenger similar to yours from a 2nd gear roll down the highway heading to Cars N Coffee and I pulled almost immediately on him and held a car to about 130. Talked to dude for awhile, nice older cat. Hope he doesn't get a Hellcat, will not go as well for me then.

That's one of the things I like about Cars and Coffee, the fun on the way there and back! What do you drive and what mods do you have?

adidasUNT8

Established Member

Boss intake sounds like a HUGE mod!!! I hope I don't ever run into one... :dw:

sono

Established Member
I think we all know the deal here. Never underestimate a vette period! I'm 680 to the wheels and I don't assume a damn thing. What it feels like and what it actually is are two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread