C6 owner talking smack at a car show....

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
I was at a local car show last night, and as I pull in I see a red c6 Corvette which I park next to. I wander away from my car to talk to one of my buddies and I see a decent amount of people wandering around my car and not really paying any attention to the vette....I keep watching and then I see the vette owner start throwing his hands at my car in disgust and talking to the people looking at my car. I walk over to hear what he is saying and he is saying in these exact words " that car is junk. I had one and this car (his vette) is such a far superior car....." I couldnt believe he was, without even being asked his opinion, talking down to my car. He was saying that his car would rip up anything on the road so I asked if he wanted to run me and he just laughed it off. Everyone has their own opinion, and I am fine with that, but to be talking down to someones car to people looking at it...I just think that is weak... Just wanted to vent.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
There are plenty of cool Vette owners out there...This guy not being one of them.

Hmm...Red, got upset when someone else was in the spotlight??? Def a mid-life crisis purchase or compensation for something else. Some people need to get a life. A true enthusiast would never act in that manner.

Edit-Sorta OT but said in regards to the compensation thing-There is a Vette owner that circles the block every evening around one of the local watering holes. He'll do this for quite some time, checking to see if that 1 front spot opens up. I hope he gives up if it doesn't, but part of me still believes he'll circle the block for hours just so his C5 can have the spot in front for all the mullet chicks to gawk at when they are smokin' butts. Now that car was def. purchased as compensation for a deep rooted problem.

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Wow i took my car to about 12 car shows last summer and have never had a problem with anyone talking bad about it. I mean even when ricers came to the show us mustang boys just kept our mouth shut.

Obviously this guy was a newb to the car show scene.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
No newb....he was about 60 yrs old and according to him has always owned performance cars.....

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
He just dropped 60K on a Vette and he's mad nobody looks at him. Vette owners are all short egomanics with little peckers. Avoid them at all costs.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
That dude is a tool. He probabley don't even know how his engine work or how to perform any type of maintenance on his car. He probably was an idiot before he bought C6 and will continue to be idiot.

There are tools like him driving all type of cars, Mustang drivers aren't exception to this rule. Whenever I encounter tools like him, I just walk away because I'll just be wasting my time.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
impulsive1 said:
No newb....he was about 60 yrs old and according to him has always owned performance cars.....
I guarantee you that peckerneck has owned at least one Miata. He's not a car enthusiast. Although I agree the vette is superior to the cobra, the cobra is still a wonderful car and far from "junk".

rockX219

Established Member
yeah... he just wanted some attention for his shiny new car and your Cobra was stealing all his thunder.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
I agree....$hitty owners driving ALL types of cars. He just happened to be a Vette owner. Also, I would HOPE it is a superior (read: more refined) car for twice as much $$!!!! Isn't necessarily faster though :)

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Should've went up to him and punched him in the mouth.

Sorry, i'm just a violent person.

Rochard

Established Member
For the amount of money he spent on his car it had better be superior to a Mustang.

It's a trade off. Most of my friends drive high end cars - Ferraris, Porches, Vipers..... I don't need to be the fastest car on the block or even in my circle of friends.

At the end of the day I've got something they all don't have: A BACKSEAT.

And I spent a hell of a lot less money than them.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
I'm very happy with what I have and not worried about what type of car others own or how much they spent on their car, it's waste of energy and time.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I've seen this behavior from various car drivers trough the years. Assholes are assholes no matter what they drive. It ain't the car, it's the driver 99.9% of the time.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
skinsand said:
...That vette owner has a very small, deformed penis. Be nice :-D

Agreed.

Here is a photograph of it. Actual size -> :smmon:

One thing I noticed when I sat in a C6 is that the interior quality is only slightly better than the C5. IMO, it doesn't even come close to the quality of the new Mustang.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Haha...Theres always one.. I had a run in with a viper owner (older RT) that behaved much the same way. Older man in his 50's, he just kep running his mouth, so I asked him if he wanted one his eyes dotted...he promptly shut up..BTW this was after I just hosed him from a low speed 2nd gear roll...

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
sweet victory would have been if you could have waived at him as you pulled a couple cars on him.

inteller

Established Member
simple converstation:

"Want to talk trash about my car? Then let's race. No? Then STFU!"

Users who are viewing this thread